Early Saver Price Drop Question

bankerbabe

So we got our first price drop - a whopping $10 per person for my cabin, but maybe more for our friends' cabin. And that "maybe" is the question.

So, I went to carnival.com and pretended like I was doing a new Early Saver booking. Put in four people in an 8C balcony cabin. The total "Cruise Rate" indicates $2,036 before government fees and taxes. Then I pull up their confirmation email, and under "Cruise Rate" it indicates a total of $2,196.

So . . . . the difference between the $2,036 and the $2,196 is their price drop, correct? Or am I missing something?

I would break it down by pax... how much was each pax 1, 2, 3 and 4, of the cruiserate.

Are you sure you included taxes when you figured it out and it is for the exact same category etc??

Without seeing side by side break down of figures Im not going to stick my neck out and say they for sure have a price drop or not.

You dont know what they paid by pax?

So we got our first price drop - a whopping $10 per person for my cabin, but maybe more for our friends' cabin. And that "maybe" is the question.

So, I went to carnival.com and pretended like I was doing a new Early Saver booking. Put in four people in an 8C balcony cabin. The total "Cruise Rate" indicates $2,036 before government fees and taxes. Then I pull up their confirmation email, and under "Cruise Rate" it indicates a total of $2,196.

So . . . . the difference between the $2,036 and the $2,196 is their price drop, correct? Or am I missing something?

Sounds good (same ship, same date, same Category, same # passengers, (and for ES Rate or any Rate that they're eligible for?) - submit it. ken

I would break it down by pax... how much was each pax 1, 2, 3 and 4, of the cruiserate.

Are you sure you included taxes when you figured it out and it is for the exact same category etc??

Without seeing side by side break down of figures Im not going to stick my neck out and say they for sure have a price drop or not.

You dont know what they paid by pax?

No, the confirmation email just gives a total cruise rate.

Sounds good (same ship, same date, same Category, same # passengers, (and for ES Rate or any Rate that they're eligible for?) - submit it. ken

Yep . . . same ship, same cabin category, same number of passengers, even Early Saver still.

Submit it....the worst they can say is that its denied. When I submitted a price drop form, I thought it was for $10 pp, but Carnival emailed me and said that it was denied, but they added a note that my fare had actually gone down $20 pp, they told me to resubmit the form for the correct amount and it would be credited.

I thought that was AWESOME of them to tell me that, instead of it just being denied! :)

This is confirmation from booking thru Carnival? or a TA?

The Carnival Condfirmation should show the Cruise Charges: then a CruiseRate amount and "Govt Fees and Taxes" amount, separately. ken

It's a confirmation directly from Carnival (they booked by calling Carnival directly). It shows the Cruise Rate and the Taxes, etc. seperately. The cruise rate, without taxes, etc. is more than the current cruise rate if they were to book today.

I'm only concerned because I submitted my own ES adjustment form and received a confirmation of receipt within a minute or two, followed a few minutes later by an approval and a new confirmation email showing the new cruise rate.

I submitted theirs earlier (about 5 minutes after my own) this afternoon and haven't received anything at all.

Archived