Advice -- freaking out!!

I went in over a month ago to get my drivers license renewed. They assured me it would be here in more than enough time. It still has not arrived and after more investigating it looks like the never "re-issued" it. They gave me the sheet that goes with it stating it is a valid license but will border control accept this along with marriage license and birth certificate. We are doing a close looped key west, bahamas, coco cay and leave on sunday.

We just didnt have the money to get the passports in time and some how i figured that getting my license renewed would not be an issue.

I plan to call local DMV tomorrow but all offices are closed.

Thanks,

Wendie

yes it is picture id, just expired, but have the dmv slip that says it should be valid and will have that re-dated also. Its an expired drivers license.

Only reason i am bringing the marriage certificate is have read a few horror stories of them wanting it so i figure not a big deal to bring that also.

And thank you for easing some of my fears, i just can't believe it says it isnt even printed yet and it was over a month ago.

Is your temp a picture id? You will need a government issued picture id even to get on the airplane if you are flying. Get down to the dmv office tomorrow.

Believe it or not, it is still possible to fly without a picture id. You are required to answer some personal questions that are then verified as well as undergo a secondary security screening. I think that, with an expired id, you would likely only have to do the secondary security screening.

Only reason i am bringing the marriage certificate is have read a few horror stories of them wanting it so i figure not a big deal to bring that also.

Smart move!!! Yes, DO bring the marriage certificate if there are any discrepancies at all between booking names, current IDs, etc.

Better safe than sorry.

We actually saw a couple denied boarding on Voyager in January because they did not bring this certificate, and her ID still had her maiden name on it. They were in tears, and we felt so awful for them.

I don't see how your drivers' license having expired would be a problem as long as you have that written notice stating it has been renewed and is valid.

Have a great cruise!

Jan

Archived