equinox sky suite

Geenie

We booked a sky suite on the equinox. I read there is capuccino and expresso in the room. Does anyone know if there is a machine in the room? Or do we ask the butler to get this for us? If there is a machine- can we also make regular coffee in the room?

Now you don't want to be making your own Espresso while on a vacation do you? The Butler will get it. And if you are an Elite cruiser, you can get it free in Michael's Club each morning.

I am not sure what they use for Espresso beans that the Butler brings, but in Michael's they used Lavazza. And that's hard to beat.

This is one of the things that is a wee bit annoying about the Suite perks - that you cannot go to Al Bacio and get your own. The reason given was that they need to know who is in a suite - but hey they do, your card is a different colour. Our butler would go and get them for us but if it was a time he was busy ie during the afternoon tea period or at lunch there was quite a delay. As a result, we got in the habit of only having expresso coffee from him when he was bringing our breakfast - it was nice, better than the ordinary coffee but I never thought it was as good as the coffee we paid for at AL Bacio so as we had access to Michaels I discontinued this later in the trip. This time I will have a beverage card so we will call by AL Bacio if we want some anytime

Thanks, actually I don't really drink expresso or cappuccino much,but I do like a good cup of coffee in the morning and do often an iced coffee later in the day, and am trying to decide if I want to buy a beverage card. I am not elite. Would the butler bring us stuff that there is a charge for? I have the same question about wine. If we order dinner in the room and I have a beverage card- will the butler bring wine using the card?

Also, what are Michaels and Al Bacio? I have not seen these places listed. Is there a lounge that is for Elite passengers but not for those in a suite?

Michaels is a nice piano bar which is used for Elites breakfast and can be used for Elites Cocktail Hour (4-6) depending on how many Elites are on the cruise (alternatively they use the Sky Lounge on Deck 14) but otherwise it is available to everyone - the expressos are only free for Elites between 8-10 at breakfast

Al Bacio is the name of the special coffees shop on Deck 5 - it used to be Cova on the other celebrity ships which is where the speciality coffees are sold and where your butler will go for them usually if he does not have the relevant machines to make them

As far as we can tell the butler cannot go with your beverage card and get you anything as that counts as room service and is not included. We will let you know what happens on Eclipse when we get back in September - I am not expecting the Celebrity Butler to do any sourcing and delivery of items to me using my card.....however DH............now that is a different matter :D

Archived