NFL Games on Seaside Theater

Wickedwill

The description for the Seaside Theater includes "Sporting Events". The NFL season opener will be played one of the nights during our cruise. Any idea if they will show the game out there? Who do we need to talk to to make it happen?

The network TV feeds for all Carnival ships come out of Denver. If the game is on a network channel and the Denver affiliate carries it you'll be able to see it.

Will it preempt the movie for that evening? Probably not but you can be sure that if it's available it will be on in several of the bars.

:)

The network TV feeds for all Carnival ships come out of Denver. If the game is on a network channel and the Denver affiliate carries it you'll be able to see it.

Will it preempt the movie for that evening? Probably not but you can be sure that if it's available it will be on in several of the bars.

The game is carried by NBC and is the only game so I am sure the Denver affiliate carries it.

I would ask the CD and get others to ask him to play it on the big screen.

Thanks golf, that is what I was thinking too. Our group is 26 strong so I figure if everyone asks him at a different time throughout the cruise he may do it. Is there any way to contact the CD (Gary Brierly) prior to the cruise?

Thanks golf, that is what I was thinking too. Our group is 26 strong so I figure if everyone asks him at a different time throughout the cruise he may do it. Is there any way to contact the CD (Gary Brierly) prior to the cruise?

Not really. Leave a note for him at the Guest Services desk once you're on board.

If you are on facebook look him up and befriend him and than tell him you are part of large group and would it be possible to see the game on the big screen.

If this does not work would use Mach's idea.

At night you have a reasonable chance at this. During the day you would probably have a problem.

Well if any of you are on the Destiny on 9/6 help me convince the CD to show the game.

I think they will show it - may not be the same atmosphere as Triumph. Won't hurt to drop a note off at Guest Services to remind the CD and also for the CD to post it in the Fun times.

Saints Game from Triumph:

Tailgating cruise ship style:

Superbowl from Triumph:

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

I have been meaning to ask this question... Our friend going with us has already declared it will ruin his trip if he doesnt get to see the Cowboys season opener. (diehard fan) We are going on the Conquest whatcha think? Will they at least have a bar that will show if not the seaside theater?

I have been meaning to ask this question... Our friend going with us has already declared it will ruin his trip if he doesnt get to see the Cowboys season opener. (diehard fan) We are going on the Conquest whatcha think? Will they at least have a bar that will show if not the seaside theater?

It depends... Carnival gets their TV feeds for the networks from Denver. Occasionally, that feed won't be available if out of range. If the game is on network TV and not carried in Denver he won't see it.

The rest of the feed is called the Turner Cruise Ship Package plus ESPN. It consists of CNN, CNN Espagnol, TNT, Cartoon Network, Headline News, Boomerang, TCM and ESPN.

Probably - it is the Sunday night game on NBC.

So I'm guessing that I'll be able to see the 11/29 Monday night 49ers game (ESPN), but will miss the 12/5 game against Green Bay. But I'll survive...cuz I'll be on a cruise!

If the Fox affiliate in Denver carries it then you may be in luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived