Costa Mediterranea, Apr 17, 2005, Transatlantic

jtorphy

Hi, yes I will be going on the transatlantic on the 17th with Costa this is my first cruise. I have found out where my cabin is it looks like a good place on the Narisco deck back of the ship ,can you tell me anything intresting about the Transatlatic Cruise.:) For ex. formal nights, dinner seating is it good to be seated at 21:00,Toga night,and so on.

This will be our 17th cruise, 6th on Costa.

I'm an American currently living in Germany with my German wife.

Our last transatlantic cruise was on the Costa Atlantica (sister ship to the Mediterranea) in April 2003. Think that we had three formal nights, but can't remember. Dress on other nights is smart casual - golf shirts, dockers, etc.

We have always had early seating - Normally the 2d seating is full because the majority of the passengers will be Europeans who like to eat later. Unless something has changed Costa does not have Toga nights on their Transatlantic and European cruises. Had a great trip on the last transatlantic cruise - the seas were very calm (like glass most of the way). Weather was mostly warm. Will be happy to answer any questions about Costa or the cruise.

Hi There

We are going on the Costa Mediterranea transatlantic in April. We won' t be around for a while because we are leaving for the airport in less than 4 hours to join the Costa Fortuna on an 11 day cruise from Italy to the Canary isles and back.

John and Maggie

Hi, we are on the Atlantica Transatlantic on the 9th of April. Haven't seen anyone for that cruise yet.

Can yoy answer some question's for me ?:

1. How do they handle time zone changes, on our RCCL trans. in the other directory we had an extra hour every day.

2. Is the currency Euro or Dollar ? The brochure swithced from saying dollar on trans. to euro's.

3. What kind of age, nationality is on board ?

4. Is it something special the trans. or do they treath it like a normal cruise.

5. Are there a lot of fun things to do on board during the day ?

6. Anyone taken the transfer from savona to milan ? How doe this work, do they use large busses. It's a 100 miles or something so no close..

Thanks.

kbisok,

Based on our memory of our 2003 Atlantica transatlantic cruise:

1. We changed times in accordance with regular time zones one hour every day or so. We were always on the same time as the port we visited.

2. The on-board currency for our cruise was the Euro. In the Carib. Costa uses the Dollar and changes to the Euro in Europe. The on-board shops were changing all of their prices the first couple of days from dollar to euro.

3. There were a few younger children (pre-school) on our cruise. Otherwise the age mix was about what you would see on any cruise. Lots of Europeans on the cruise, but we also met Americans, Australians and a few Asians.

4. Costa did nothing special on the transatlantic cruise - just like a normal cruise. As I stated earlier there was no Toga night, but they did have one or two nights where the crew dressed up and played games of chance with small prizes for passengers and a costume night where some of the passengers made costumes from materials provided by the ship and wore them.

5. There were all of the normal ship activities during the day - Trivia, dance lessons, crafts, cooking demonstrations, etc. These activities were conducted mostly at one time in a number of languages.

6. Regular size busses were used for the transfer from Savona to Milan. Trip probably takes 2 to 3 hours with a stop about half way there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the waiting,planning and looking everything up on internet is a major

part of the the excitement for me, even before the cruise begins .I'm glad

I've found this site it will add to all that, thanks.

We have never sailed with Costa before but it all sounds okay ,we should

have fun.Costa Mediterranea 17th Apr.2005

• 4 weeks later...

Archived