Pre-Existing MC Waiver timeframe when paying in full at booking?

Buckeyefan1

We just booked a cruise a few days ago that will leave 8/15. I was thinking about getting trip insurance to cover my family for medical etc. We had to pay the full cost of the cruise at the time of booking because it was so close to the departure date.

My husband was hospitalized in May for diverticulitis - he's fully recovered but it is an illness that can recur.

My question is several of the policys say I have until 8/17 to waive the pre existing condition covereage - 14 days from date of first deposit. We paid in full on the 8/3, so does that mean I can still buy a policy and have the pre existing condition waiver in affect?

My second question is, when cruising in the western Caribbean what do you put down as your destination country? There are several!

Other than CSA (which requires insurance purchase within 24 hours of final payment for pre-ex waiver) you should be good to go when purchasing policies that offer a pre-ex waiver.

When purchasing the policy, most of them will ask what your final payment date is, you simply fill in the same day as your deposit date.

By all means, call to verify all this, but you should be in good shape.

SirWired

Archived