When Do You Get Assigned Your Cabin Number for a Guaranteed Stateroom?

I booked a guaranteed inside stateroom on RCI’s Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore on December 6, 2010. Does anyone know approximately how long before the cruise begins when you find out the actual cabin number?

Joe

It really varies quite a bit and there is no way to predict how soon it will occur. Some people have an assignment within hours of booking - others do not find out until they arrive at port. Even if you are assigned a room, it is not certain to be your "final" room assignment. One time on Adeventure of Seas I did a GTY and was assigned a room a few weeks later; a couple weeks after that my wife was looking at our reservation and noticed the room had been changed from the initial assignment. GTY's are always a crap shoot; it is a great way to save some $$$ if you are not picky about your room and to boost your chances of an upgrade, but you have to deal with the uncertainty of not knowing for sure what room you will obtain and have a good chance of a less than optimal location (i.e. all the way forward or aft or above/under a noisy venue).

Hello there

We've booked an ocean view Gty on Adventure for 29 October 2010. We booked about 5 weeks ago and have had the room allocated already, some 2 weeks ago. I keep an eye on it expecting it to change thou as they have allocated us an 'access' room which I have queried as feel that it should be for wheelchair users but have been told that they are the only ones they are allocating at the moment!

Archived