Saint martin - orient beach ?

chrisxmoa

Which one is better? Cruise excursion Orient Beach includes beach chairs and lunch and beverage, but limited time. Will it be better to go on my own? Is it difficult to get to? I don't want to miss the ship.

Go on your own. It's easy - taxi rates are posted at the port and if you share one of the vans - they are quite reasonable. Getting a return taxi is also easy. A shared taxi ride will cost (per person) approx $6 each way. As long as you keep track of time and leave Orient Beach about 1.5 hours BEFORE you have to be back on board you will be fine (1.5 is VERY generous to account for the "rush hour" back to the ships).

The rental rates for two chairs and an umbrella vary considerably depending on which bar you go to and some throw in a free drink - so shop around and don't pay much more than $20 for two loungers and an umbrella.

Cost for two people including transportation and loungers approx. $ 20- $25 EACH - much cheaper than any excursion I know of AND YOU determine when you go and how long you stay and which part of the beach you are on.

Go on your own. It's easy - taxi rates are posted at the port and if you share one of the vans - they are quite reasonable. Getting a return taxi is also easy. A shared taxi ride will cost (per person) approx $6 each way. As long as you keep track of time and leave Orient Beach about 1.5 hours BEFORE you have to be back on board you will be fine (1.5 is VERY generous to account for the "rush hour" back to the ships).

The rental rates for two chairs and an umbrella vary considerably depending on which bar you go to and some throw in a free drink - so shop around and don't pay much more than $20 for two loungers and an umbrella.

Cost for two people including transportation and loungers approx. $ 20- $25 EACH - much cheaper than any excursion I know of AND YOU determine when you go and how long you stay and which part of the beach you are on.

Thanks for the great info Zeno. I will be going on my own. I'm doing the same in St. Thomas on my day trip to St. Johns. I like the thought of having the freedom to leave when I choose and picking my own spot on the beach. :cool:

Archived