VISA for European Sailing???

My family booked the Mariner 13 night Med trip with stops in Italy, Greece, Turkey, & Egypt. I called RCI asking about obtaining VISAs and at first the agent said she didnt know. When she came back she still did not sound convincing. I called back today and asked the same question and again the agent didn't seem to know if we needed to obtain them.

So, my fellow CCers....Do we need to obtain VISAs or are we OK being that we are visiting only for the day (except Egypt is overnight)? Any help would be great, thanks.

Tina

My family booked the Mariner 13 night Med trip with stops in Italy, Greece, Turkey, & Egypt. I called RCI asking about obtaining VISAs and at first the agent said she didnt know. When she came back she still did not sound convincing. I called back today and asked the same question and again the agent didn't seem to know if we needed to obtain them.

So, my fellow CCers....Do we need to obtain VISAs or are we OK being that we are visiting only for the day (except Egypt is overnight)? Any help would be great, thanks.

Tina

The cruise line will take care of the day Visas, unless you are ending your trip and staying on in Turkey or Egypt.

Yes, all five of us are US citizens and have updated & current passports. SO even if the ship is docked overnight in Egypt, since that is not our debark destination, we do not need to worry about it? That port is the reason for such a long trip & I really want to get off there so dont want to miss it! :):) Thanks for your replies.

Yes, all five of us are US citizens and have updated & current passports. SO even if the ship is docked overnight in Egypt, since that is not our debark destination, we do not need to worry about it? That port is the reason for such a long trip & I really want to get off there so dont want to miss it! :):) Thanks for your replies.

You will be fine for the overnight visit. We are doing this in October.

Archived