Joseph the "Supercharged" Maitre D'

yogimax

I think there is a Joseph and a Yoseph.

We never had Joseph by the looks of it.

Yoseph says "its showime" but never mentions the word supercharged. He too makes it around to most tables to say hello, or at least he did when we had him.

I think the Yoseph you are talking about was on the Legend. At least he was on our family cruise in June, '07. If it's the same one, you're so right, he was awesome!

There is only one "Supercharged!" Many of the maitre d's use, "It's Showtime!" including George the Greek and Yoseph, but Joseph's act is hard to follow! He is on the Liberty and will soon be going to the Imagination in September until December. He should be returning to the Inspiration in February...Can't wait to see him again. He is the best!

We were just on the Liberty (another family cruise) this past June and I'm embarrassed to admit this but I never did get our MD name....:(. But based on the description....tall, fun and from Turkey...it definately was "Joseph"!

Wow! How fortunate we were to experience both Joseph and Yoseph....all in one lifetime! They both made wonderful memories for our family cruises! :)

Edited by 30knotsCruzinspeed

• 2 weeks later...

We had the Joseph in the picture that was posted. He was "supercharged". He always referred to my DH and I as "the lovebirds". He made it fun to be in the dining room every night. Too bad he won't be on the Liberty for our April 2011 cruise. He's the best MD that we've had.

This Joseph guy is a NUT! We asked our waiters what was the deal with him and they just shook their heads and laughed - they said he's fun to work with because you never know what he's going to do next. They talked about his first wife ditching him and then he married someone else. They said he has to be on some kind of "happy pills"!!! Said that at their staff events he is even MORE of a crazy character than in the dining rooms - that he just does outrageous, unpredictable things. He seems like such a tame guy, then you can't believe it's the same person up dancing on the tables with the light up wigs and costumes!

Funniest thing is just hearing completely out of the blue somebody whispering on the microphone........."it's sssshhhhoooowwwtime!!!"

Hi! The Maire D in the Carnivale Dining Room on the 8/5/10 sailing of Inspiration was Jusuf, from Turkey. He was the best MD we've ever had! Jusuf always made time to stop by our table and chat with us, and then transformed into different "charcters" each night... singing, dancing, leading conga lines, etc. Way over the top, but very fun! We hope we're in his dining room again in January!

Here's Joseph the Supercharged Maitre D!! It was our first cruise with our kids in summer 2008 and they talk about this Maitre D every cruise we take with them!

He was the craziest one! We had a blast with him! And yes he's a proud Canadian just like us;)

2672409780100277913S500x500Q85.jpg

DH and I have sailed on the Inspiration several times and found Joseph to be pretty obnoxious. He thinks he funny -- not! I'd much prefer a quiet dinner than all his interruptions. Hopefully, he won't be on the Valor in November.

If Joesph is leaving the Liberty in Sept. does anyone know who will be replacing him?

We sail in October and are hoping for a great MD because we have a 1st time cruiser with us and really want her to enjoy the dining experience... Hopefully we will have an awesome wait team as well, that has been tough out of our last 5 cruises with Carnival only our last ones were good.. they were in fact excellent so I am keeping my fingers crossed this cruise.

This Joseph guy is a NUT! We asked our waiters what was the deal with him and they just shook their heads and laughed - they said he's fun to work with because you never know what he's going to do next. They talked about his first wife ditching him and then he married someone else. They said he has to be on some kind of "happy pills"!!! Said that at their staff events he is even MORE of a crazy character than in the dining rooms - that he just does outrageous, unpredictable things. He seems like such a tame guy, then you can't believe it's the same person up dancing on the tables with the light up wigs and costumes!

Funniest thing is just hearing completely out of the blue somebody whispering on the microphone........."it's sssshhhhoooowwwtime!!!"

Oh man, then I need me some of those "happy pills"! lol I wish I had his energy!

And I know what you mean about hearing "It's ssshhhooowwwwtime". My kids would crack up and then even if they were fighting, boy they got quiet then just to see what showtime was going to be tonight. My daughter will never forget that, or when we would say "may I have your attention...pleeeeeeease".

We absolutely love Joseph! He was our MD on the first cruise we took in 2005. My whole family was bummed when we boarded our second cruise to find he was on vacation. Oh well.

We did get to see Joseph last October on the Inspiration. Although we were in George the Greeks' dining room, we made it a point to visit with Joseph and get a new picture in the Supercharged pose. :D

Carnival truly needs about 25 Joseph's on their ships! (There's always another dining room for the killjoys!) :cool:

Just got off the Liberty today, and Joseph was the supercharged maitre'd in the Silver Olympian dining room. He definitely lived up to his "supercharged" name. He was very entertaining and can dance his tail off.

• 5 months later...
The "Supercharged" maitre'd has been spotted! Joseph is now on the Fascination! (Jacksonville port) He is fantastic as ever!:D

I can confirm this last sighting. He was the maitre'd in the Imagination dining room on the Fascination on our cruise 2/5 -2/10.

:mad: Grrrrr! We had him on Celebration waaaay back in 2006 and haven't been lucky enough to find him since. This thread mentions him being on Imagination - where we will be in March- and Liberty- where we will be in June. And now he's on Facination? Ugh. NOT going to be on that one!

Just once I wish I could make a list of my 'faves' and get them all together on one ship. With me onboard of course. :D

CIMG3205.JPG

Loved Joseph! "It's SHOWTIME" was the highlight of last years cruise! He DEFINITELY loved his job and made it fun!

:D

Just returned from the Fascination---and we had the great pleasure of seeing Joseph again ! He came around to all of the tables each and every night.

We loved Joseph "Supercharged" matre 'd when we went on the Inspiration last March. I'm thrilled he will be on the Fascination until July. We are going to be going on a cruise in May. Is he in the Anytime Dining Room or the room with dining room with early and late seating. We requested anytime for the first time. Every other cruise we have had early seating and wanted to try anytime.

Ahhh I did not know that "Joseph" was so popular! We had him on the Fascination last month (Sensation dining room). He was excellent though! Loved his announcements before the "show". He stopped by our table at least 2x during the 4-day cruise, and many times he referred to himself as "007". :p