Leaving the 15th on FOS and need a few answers please

Beach choice in St.Thomas- Sapphire or Secret Harbor?

I will be with my family ages 9-50 and we plan on going on our own by taxi. How long should we plan on it to take to get back to ship and will there be taxis at the beach to take us back?

Are jet skiis readily available at Orient Beach? We don't care about some nudity but don't plan on going to the nudist section.

How have people handled having 12 people at dinner? We were told that they don't seat more then 10 at a table and they can't guarentee tables close to one another. We all live scattered across the country so want to be able to all be together without switching tables each night and don't want to have a "kids table". We have MTD.

Thanks!

Can't help with the beaches, but I do know there will be plenty of cabs waiting to bring you back!

If your reservation/booking numbers are "linked", even if they can't fit you at one table, they will get you side by side. Just head to the dining room when you board and make sure of the arrangements....you don't want to wait until dinner to make corrections! Being in MTD may make this more difficult....traditional would have made more sense and been easier to accomodate a larger group. Everyone will have to show up at the same time for this to work!

I would go to Secret Harbor over Sapphire but that's just me......others may or may not agree.:) Secret Harbor is farther out so you may want to go to a closer beach with a large group. Also when you take the taxi to the beach you can arrange a time with the driver for him to come back and pick you up. I would do this if you choose Secret Harbor.

Jet skis are readily available at Orient beach but you must be 18 to drive. They are pretty strict but we did find one who would let my 16yr old drive since he had a drivers license.

We have fit 12 at a table before. It's a tight squeeze but doable with the right table. Ask for a large table and be sure that everyone's reservation is linked (be sure this is true for all 12). Actually the linking isn't as important for MTD......missed that when I read your post. Speak to the maitre'd for MTD and if he can't get all 12 of you at one table than he may be able to get you two tables side by side.

Beach choice in St.Thomas- Sapphire or Secret Harbor?

I will be with my family ages 9-50 and we plan on going on our own by taxi. How long should we plan on it to take to get back to ship and will there be taxis at the beach to take us back?

Are jet skiis readily available at Orient Beach? We don't care about some nudity but don't plan on going to the nudist section.

How have people handled having 12 people at dinner? We were told that they don't seat more then 10 at a table and they can't guarentee tables close to one another. We all live scattered across the country so want to be able to all be together without switching tables each night and don't want to have a "kids table". We have MTD.

Thanks!

We had 12 people in our group on our June FOS cruise. We had Early Seating and they had us at two tables that were side by side. They had some larger tables available that could accommodate us, but we would have had to switch to Late Seating and MIL did not want that. The dining room was very good and they ended up allowing us to push the tables together. I am sure they will work with you too.

Good Luck and Have a Great Cruise!!!

Archived