Question about Carnival's Child Care

sas80

I see that they have organized activities for ages 2 and above. They also say that they have babysitting for under 2.

Im confused as to if this is in room sitting or if there is a drop off place for the under 2's.

I guess my questions are:

Does Carnival have a drop off for under 2's for Group babysitting? If so, what abouts are the times? Also, is there a free and, if so, what is the fee?

Does Carnival have in room babysitting? How do you arrange it? What are the hours? What are the fees?

We are sailing on the Ecstasy but I will take info from anyone with Carnival experience.

Thanks!

I see that they have organized activities for ages 2 and above. They also say that they have babysitting for under 2.

Im confused as to if this is in room sitting or if there is a drop off place for the under 2's. You drop off your child at Camp Carnival.

I guess my questions are:

Does Carnival have a drop off for under 2's for Group babysitting? If so, what abouts are the times? Also, is there a free and, if so, what is the fee?

There is drop-off babysitting from 10pm-3am each night. The fee is $6/hr for the first child and $4/hr for each additional child. There also might be some short available times during the day, but I'm not positive what those hours are.

Does Carnival have in room babysitting? How do you arrange it? What are the hours? What are the fees? Carnival does not offer in room babysitting.

We are sailing on the Ecstasy but I will take info from anyone with Carnival experience. Have fun!

Thanks!

Hope that helps.

Carnival has no in-cabin sitting whatsoever. Its always in the kids camp. They have under 2 time on sea days from 12-2pm or 1-3pm. The correct time will be in the kids capers. If you come and stay with them there is no charge or you can also leave them for babysitting at that time too for $6/hr (group babysitting). They also offer babysitting nightly from 10p-3am and on port days from time of arrival in port until noon or noon-5pm if arrival is later than noon. You bring a bag with diapers,wipes, sippy cup, snack, change of clothes and they will handle everything. You will recieve a cell-phone or pager so that they can contact you but it does not work off the ship so it will not work on excursions. They are not allowed to leave the camp with them and they will change diapers/clothing etc as needed.

Hope this helps, have a great cruise!!

The info Julienatul provided is correct. Some of the other replies are not. We've been on the Ecstasy seven times and always have had the same experience. We've also had the same experience on the Conquest, Victory, and Freedom. To us, it seems very consistent fleet wide.

Camp Carnival is great and we always feel that they provide great child care. When our DS was under 2, I felt like they gave him extra special attention which made leaving him with a babysitter so much easier. There is a $6 per hour charge for all the under 2 babysitting times. It is a bargain for the great service they provide. He loves Camp Carnival and wanted to invite Funship Freddy to his birthday party. I hope you and your family have an excellent cruise and love Camp Carnival as much as we have.

Archived