1st cruise/1 year anniversary/honeymoon

gsueagle2424

The wife and I have booked the Inspiration on 11/6/2010. I have tried to setup a couple surprises for her through the Bon Voyage. I have a cake being delivered the night of our anniversary (11/7) and set up a massage for her. I was thinking of doing dinner in the steakhouse that night. Do I need to reserve a table ahead of time?

I also went ahead and booked two excursions based on reviews I have seen here. We are going with Captain Marvin in the Cayman Islands to see the barrier reef, Sting Ray City and the Garden coral. I also booked the day at Nachi Cocom beach resort in Cozumel.

Any other suggestions on ways to surprise her? We got married in Vegas last year (planned wedding had a ton of our friends there) and never really had time alone for a true honeymoon so looking for anything I can to make it that much more special.

Thanks for the help!

The wife and I have booked the Inspiration on 11/6/2010. I have tried to setup a couple surprises for her through the Bon Voyage. I have a cake being delivered the night of our anniversary (11/7) and set up a massage for her. I was thinking of doing dinner in the steakhouse that night. Do I need to reserve a table ahead of time?

I also went ahead and booked two excursions based on reviews I have seen here. We are going with Captain Marvin in the Cayman Islands to see the barrier reef, Sting Ray City and the Garden coral. I also booked the day at Nachi Cocom beach resort in Cozumel.

Any other suggestions on ways to surprise her? We got married in Vegas last year (planned wedding had a ton of our friends there) and never really had time alone for a true honeymoon so looking for anything I can to make it that much more special.

Thanks for the help!

There is no steak house on the Inspiration but there IS a very special event that you can treat her to... it's called the Chef's Table.

When I enjoyed it on the Ecstasy in February this was our menu:

ChefsTable.jpg

It's an amazing experience. The price is $75/pp which includes all the wine you care to drink. The gratuity is extra. You can make reservations in advance for the Chef's Table.

:)

You will not be disappointed with Captain Marvin. We're using him again when we visit Cayman in November. Bring a water camera so you can get pictures holding and kissing the sting rays!

Maybe look into the Behind the Fun tour, if that's something you might be interested in. Especially for your first cruise, where you'll spend so much time wondering "how do they do that?" This way, if you can get a tour toward the end of your trip, all your questions can be answered!

Archived