houston

cruisinjan

Unless you have more recent information, I don't think this is still the case. I talked to Enterprise (which is currently the only rental agency in Galveston) last week and they no longer do one-way rentals. I talked to both the national number and the desk at Hobby and they both said the same thing. They are referring everyone to either National or Alamo for one-way rentals. Neither of which are in Galveston.

I just booked a one way from Galveston to Houston but the rental is for a Monday in Oct. I did not rent a one-way from Houston to Galveston as the quoted price was $234 vs $110. We did have a discount so the price was a little less than normal.

• 3 weeks later...
Thats the same advise I got from my travel agent. I am still looking for a way

to be able to stay in Galveston instead of Houston. Still hoping someone can

tell me if the limo price to Galveston is per trip or if its per person. The same

goes for cab fare...is it per trip or per person?

Please let us know ncovert how it turns out for you...anxious to hear. Thanks

We use Z-Limousine and the cost for a limo for two from Hobby to Galveston is $89.00 plus gratuity, each direction. So total round trip cost of about $200.00 .

Just do a google for limo from IAH to Galveston..you will come up with some options and prices..here is one..

www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/iah.html

I live west of Houston and it is still takes us 2 1/2 hours to get to Galveston.

Folks have no idea how big Houston is, it takes forever to get somewhere and we live here.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is a couple of months old but lets get it started again for anyone else who might have the same question. I would definitely stay in Galveston the night before. It is a unique city with plenty of things to do that will satisfy everyone in your groups(s) with all their different tastes. If it would not be for the hurricanes and the evaucations that I would have to face in my retirement years I would retire there in a heart beat. But I just can't see myself trying to drive out of Galveston with thousands upon thousands of other people when I am in my 70s or 80s.

I have just booked Voyager for our cruise on Jan. 16 but guess I should have done a bit more homework before booking. I didn't realize renting a car and driving from IAH to Galveston would be so difficult:eek: I am now going through some of the old threads to find the best way to get from IAH to Galveston, the day before our cruise. Looks like one of the limo companies is the way to go. If anybody has any up-to-date info on this, I'd really appreciate any suggestions. :)

Archived