Take teenagers or not?

irishwolf88

The lady of the manor & I were thinking of sailing on the NCL Dawn this summer - the question is whether to bring our 16 yr. old son and 18 yr. old daughter along. Anyone else travelled recently on the Dawn with teenagers and was there enough activities & supervision to let them go off on their own and stay occupied?

We went on The Dawn, July 2003. My daughters were 16 & 17. They really enjoyed the ship alot. They did go to the Teen Center,....they enjoyed the scavenger hunts the most. They found that there was not a lot of participation from other teenagers., so some of the events were cancelled:(

We are taking them on the Navigator of the Seas this July...they will be 18 & 19, they can do a lot more now that they are "adults".

I think your kids will love the cruise.

Ollie:)

During the nighttime, the 18 year old daughter will have more fun as she will be able to go into the disco anytime she wants.. She can dance but not drink. The 16 year old will be limited to teen center activities or roaming the ship.

Our kids are 16 and 13 and while we love them dearly and have taken them on a few cruises, we look forward to the day when we can cruise alone. You know your kids best, if they will have a good time or not. There are plenty of teen activities, but you are directly responsible for their supervison, no getting out of that one for a while.

Archived