Ship time vs. Costa Rica time with Oscar

SandyR5

Hi - I'm going to e-mail Oscar to clarify but I thought I'd post here and see if someone can also clarify for me. We will be on Celebrity's Summit docking in Costa Rica in early March. Oscar is taking a group of us, who met on the roll call board, ziplining and touring. We dock at 8:00 but Oscar said he'd meet us at 8:00. Can't happen! I'm wondering if ship time is 8:00 when Costa Rica time is 7:00 and Oscar will be there one hour after we dock. Again, I am going to ask him to clarify but I thought someone else out there had to encounter this. Thanks.

I would also like to get this clear.

Are you going to post a review of Oscar's tour here on the Costa Rica board? Please! I "plan" to go ziplining the last week in March with Oscar and hope I not get scared and back down. I would love to here about the height, bridges, scare factor and all that good stuff! If I know what to expect I might feel better. LOL

Thanks

Judyf - I will post a review when we return. Oscar told me originally that ship time and Costa Rica time are different, but there'a a thread on the Celebrity board that says the ship adjusts to the port time so people won't get confused and return to the ship early/late. I'll let you know what Oscar says when I hear from him.

Some ships do. It the few cruises I've been on CCL , DCL and RCL stays on ship time and when I was on NCL that switch time to match local.

Either way it can get confusing cause you have to remeber to change your watch!

Archived