Dialing cruise director phone from u.s.

happycruizer

We are leaving the end of the month for our cruise and I'm trying to leave all emergency contact numbers for family members. I have our Cruise Director's phone number, which I'm assuming is a cell number.......should a U.S. family member need to contact us by calling the Cruise Director do they enter the Internation Access Code 011 + the city routing code then the 15 digit number provided in our documents? I understand the full number must be dialed in Europe but am confused about dialing from the U.S.

We are leaving the end of the month for our cruise and I'm trying to leave all emergency contact numbers for family members. I have our Cruise Director's phone number, which I'm assuming is a cell number.......should a U.S. family member need to contact us by calling the Cruise Director do they enter the Internation Access Code 011 + the city routing code then the 15 digit number provided in our documents? I understand the full number must be dialed in Europe but am confused about dialing from the U.S.

In the front of your phone book are instructions on calling international numbers.

011 ( international access code) 39 (Italy) 81(Naples) # ( Local number)

The other thing to remember is that you don't know what country the cruise director has his or her cell phone from (Poland, Germany, Czech Republic?) so you would need that to know what country code to dial. When we went to Berlin for the pre-cruise stay, we were given our director's cell phone number only to use at that time in case we were lost or late or to let him know we would not be going on their walking tour, etc. I don't think it was meant to be used during the rest of the trip, but we were never told not to.

Thanks all. I had to call my online TA about another matter and asked about the CD phone #. She said the fastest way for anyone to reach us would be to call the ship directly. They can always get a msg. to us immediately.

Jesterscourt & letsgo39: Yes, this what I was told by my TA.:)

Thanks for your reply.

Archived