Just off the Liberty today

md10074

Karen (med2cruise)

It is David, aka Julie, hope the rest of your cruise went well. Ours (Freedom) was great. If you want, you can email me at my cruise critic name at aol, I may have some pics at Nachi.

Thanks, I will definetly email you to see the pictures.

Karen

We didn't have any problems at Dunn's River Falls. As a matter of fact, at the end there was a little food place and we sat down to order my son some jerk chicken. He loves that stuff. Not one person came over to the table to try to sell us anything. I was shocked after all the bad stuff I read here. I had my Red Stripe in my hand and was ready to tell them to get lost but I didn't have to. Maybe we just got lucky and maybe it had something to do with the fact that it started to rain a little at that point.

I think you did get lucky Mary - we couldn't get out of there fast enough. There was one guy in particular that was following the 4 of us. They all seemed nice, just really wanted to sell.

The falls were incredible. We did see a guide carrying a little girl probably about 3 or 4, it was tough at times, but you could probably walk along the one side without climbing too many rocks.

Karen

My daughter and I ducked out at the first exit, before you get to the part where you slide down the rock into the water. I don't swim and in one part we had to go into waist deep water. I couldn't see the bottom and freaked out a bit. My daughter was scared and crying and I saw the exit and that was it for me. LOL My son and husband made it to the top and I took pictures along the side. Actually, the rest of it didn't look as bad so I should have gone back in. The guide said "come back in Mommy" and I told him "no way" LOL. He must have thought I was nuts.

Glad to hear that Jamaica was not bad...I was beginning to worry after seeing what some others had said here on CC. Looking forward to going on the Liberty for our second time in Feb.:)

Truthfully it was not as bad as I thougth as well. Based on what I was reading I thought it would be about 10 times worst. They are just trying to maximize the tourist and their dollars, no harm in that.

Karen

Oh cool! Did you sign up for the Roll Call?

I am signed up. :D I check it everyday. It is apparently becoming a daily routine.

I have been torn. I kind of want to do Dunn's Fall but I am not sure my son would enjoy it. I do want to check out Margaritaville. :)

I am signed up. :D I check it everyday. It is apparently becoming a daily routine.

I have been torn. I kind of want to do Dunn's Fall but I am not sure my son would enjoy it. I do want to check out Margaritaville. :)

How old is your son? It was really neat there were lots of people all ages. Margaritaville was worth the trip. I think they were giving out coupons for a free margarita, somehow I missed that.

Archived