New to St Maarten and looking for the best lunch selection!

bobert

This is our first time here and I am thinking about building my day around a reallllly great lunch. I start about thinking french but in reality what I want is something special in terms of food, atmosphere would be a plus. My wife is not interested in the beach and I was thinking about exploring the island for a first impression. How I construct my day depends on where we choose. I usually try to take advantage of lunch on the ship but I can't help thinking that on my only trip to Paris I never really got a sit down meal and was hoping to make up for that, at least in a small way. Seafood especially shell fish is usually what I would prefer.

Looking for some of your who are more experienced than I am at this port to feel free to throw out any suggestions you might have either in response to this or in order for me to make this a better experience by making sure that I do not analyse this without the wisdom that I am sure some of you possess.

if you want to take a cab ride and see other parts of the island, go over to the French side to Marigot. There are small shops there with good stuff...like chocolates!!! And a great little restaurant for lunch is Le Bistrot NU near the soccer stadium. The better French restaurants are up in Grand Case, but many aren't open for lunch. LeCalifornia and de Soleil are open for lunch. As is Calmos Cafe (on the beach)

Another option in Phillipsburg is Antoine's.

Archived