Hurricane Itineraries out of Charleston??

I Luv Crusin

If there is a Hurricane, the itinerary will be based on where it is at the time of departure, where it is aiming during the cruise, etc....No way anyone can !) predict a hurricane or b) predict where the ship might go with a clear indication of the storm's size, direction, etc.

If there is a Hurricane, the itinerary will be based on where it is at the time of departure, where it is aiming during the cruise, etc....No way anyone can !) predict a hurricane or b) predict where the ship might go with a clear indication of the storm's size, direction, etc.

I know all that! I was just wondering if anyone had experience sailing from the East coast and there was a hurricane gunning for the Bahamas, what alternative Carnival would have??? 5 days at sea??

I know all that! I was just wondering if anyone had experience sailing from the East coast and there was a hurricane gunning for the Bahamas, what alternative Carnival would have??? 5 days at sea??

It could head to COZ, but there are more factors in the decision i.e. time, port availability, etc... there is no way anyone can predict or give a sure fire altered itinerary in the event of a looming weather system.

It could head to COZ, but there are more factors in the decision i.e. time, port availability, etc... there is no way anyone can predict or give a sure fire altered itinerary in the event of a looming weather system.

Cozumel? From Charleston? If they can't get to the Bahamas, how can they get past them and all the way to Cozumel in five days? She's not sailing from NOLA or Mobile any more...EM

Cozumel? From Charleston? If they can't get to the Bahamas, how can they get past them and all the way to Cozumel in five days? She's not sailing from NOLA or Mobile any more...EM

It would depend on the size of the weather syatem... never say never because ANYTHING is possible !

Although it would be nice, I doubt that Bermuda would be a choice because they have very limited ship space. In addition, most ships spend the night, making a berth even more scarce.

Good question, though. I've been wondering the same thing. ;) We sail out of Charleston on November 1st. if we cruised to nowhere, or to Bermuda, the weather could be quite chilly. I am keeping an eye on the weather forecast, right up until we leave. Want to make sure I take the appropriate clothing.

A WEE BIT HARSH REPLY!

Sorry, your question was so vague and general, the other replies basically said the same thing I did.

Again, no Crystal Ball currently available...Promise, in the future, I will keep it handy.

A WEE BIT HARSH REPLY!

Sorry, your question was so vague and general, the other replies basically said the same thing I did.

Again, no Crystal Ball currently available...Promise, in the future, I will keep it handy.

What's harsh? I've cruised a bit and understand, I guess I was just thinking out loud. Sorry, it WAS a stupid question since I do know that Carnival will go where they can go safely! Maybe we'll end up in Baltimore!:p I really don't care since we'll be away from home.

This is going to be fun if a hurricane/tropical systen interfers with the Fantasy out of Charleston. Can she go to Bermuda? Yes, as long as there is a berth for her. If not can she go north to the New England states? Yes but, is there enough time to get to Canada to beat the Jones act and get back to Charleston? hmmmmmmm......

This is a real up in the air until they first time it happens.....

I say it is a stay tuned on this one......;)

Archived