Cigar Lounge question.

rogerwaters

Can you bring on board your own cigars to smoke in the Cigar Lounge? Or do they only permit you to smoke a cigar purchased there? One of my friends is a cigar smoker and he was wondering if he could bring his own aboard to smoke in this setting.

I will know for sure after our cruise on the Epic, but I would not hesitate to BYO.

When we sailed the Jewel back when the cigar bar was functioning, it made no difference whether you brought your own cigars. They did not care.

In my experience on cruise ships if you want to smoke a good cigar that has been properly maintained (humidity/temperature), bring it with you.

Don't plan on buying Cubans in port unless you know how to distinguish real from fake. Most cruise ports are loaded with Cuban knock offs.

The lounge is not staffed, but is adjacent to Martini Bar and Maltings Whiskey Bar and is accessible from both sides for easy access to either bar.

The lounge is a comfortable 'clubby' spot to relax and you will find both cigar aficionados as well as those just looking to have a smoke (the neighbouring bar areas are non smoking) in the venue. It's tucked away and fully enclosed (which I liked) and so should have minimal issue for non-smokers.

You can certainly BYO.

Archived