Pride - Obstructed Balcony ?

Cruiseforfun1

The views are not bad . . .

You do look over the Lifeboats, but you can see the water with ease.

Radio

;);)

View of CAT 7A Balcony Cabin

PR7A.jpg

Balcony of CAT 7A

PR7a2.jpg

I am thinking of booking a cruise with an obstructed balcony. Does anyone know just how obstructed the view is? When you are sitting on the balcony are you looking under the lifeboat or right at it? This will be a cruise on the Pride in January.

It also depends on which cabin. Some cabins have taller life boats obstructing than others. For instance, the first three cabins on either side of the ship have taller lifeboats then the remaining cabins. So, try not to book in the first three cabins if you can.

We have booked the very first obstructed view cabin on the port side of the Legend for Jan. I did a lot of searching to find out that even tho it is a larger lifeboat in front of us, we are still looking out over its bow rather than the higher roof line. It should be great. We are so excited because we will be able to sit outside, enjoy the weather and be CRUISING while saving a ton of money. Got it for 555.00. plus tax. Yum!

Funny - I gave up this cabin to upgrade to a 8j (extended balcony) for the Pride Jan/02 cruise because they were offering a decentish deal.

In effect I am paying over $100 more for a smaller balcony in square footage. Problem was #5236 was like a bowling alley -Verylong and narrow.

It doesn't look like the obstruction would be a problem, but is seems so narrow that you couldn't sit reasonable well facing forward.

Archived