Fixed time "Anytime" dining

Widespreadpanic

Sorry, but when the waiting list for traditional is over 600 long, even when booked 9 months in advance, it's not fair to those who get defaulted into anytime dining not to be able to simulate the traditional dining experience in the anytime room. Princess needs to accomodate all people who want traditional dining.

BTW...I'd love to book earlier than that, however my work schedules and my children's schedules are not set that far in advance.

Oh well....as an economics Prof I had in University used to say....if you don't like it - shop elsewhere!

We plan our meals according to the port timings as well as the entertainment for the evening. Planning for the same time every night is not practical....which is why we choose "anytime".

Many of the people making reservations for the same time each evening are people who couldn't get TD dining each evening because they were filled & making standing res. satisfied their needs. Since you like to vary your dinner time there's not much choice in that case so I guess you'll just have to call each day or stand on line & hope it isn't that crowded or resort to eating in the Horizon.

Thanks, all, for your comments and suggestions. I suspect that it is indeed up to the MD how reservations like this are handled, and we have been lucky to have most that will gladly agree to our request. The highlight of our day onboard is to have a leisurely meal, well-prepared and served, and talk over our day's activities, so the easier this is to handle, the happier we are.

BH is better half, but he might like your definition better! :D

Weluv2cruise2007 - your logic escapes me.

It usually does. Glad it worked out for the second leg.....:):):) Bob

:D It works for sure! Try Early and Often! We've never had to wait in Anytime Dining whenever we go on B2Bs either leg ... but we are OK to share which helps. :cool:

Going on RCCL this month and their anytime dining has the option before the cruise to select the time and table size of when you want to eat every day of the trip...

Princess may want to take a look at that as an option so the MD's don't have to do it... alot of work off their shoulders at a busy time.

Just a thought.

Anytime worked fine for us on the 33 day Trans Atlantic last nov-dec .. didn't have a problem walking up and may have had to wait a no more than 5 min for a table.. or we could call in a res for the time we wanted..

On board the Coral from Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale Sept 18th... so will see how it goes with the AnyTime dining then..

regards

Bill and Deb

Archived