Homewood suites, Ft. lauderdale

mii

Hi there: I was wondering if anyone has stayed or has information on the Homewood suites in Dania beach. I checked out the web sight and it looks preety good but am not familiar with that area at all. any information would be of help. Any restaurants close by in walking distance.

thanks

Marilyn

I'm curious too, I am already booked there - we won't get to the hotel until 5pm or so the night before our cruise and then eat breakfast in the morning and head to the port - so not alot of time anyway. But is it close to any dinner restaurants? shopping? waterway?

This is a relatively new hotel (building was completed less than a year ago). There are 3 restaurants in walking distance. Tropical Acres is just west of your hotel, just under a half-mile away on Griffin Rd. It is a steakhouse/seafood restaurant very well rated. There is also Rustic Inn Crab House on Ravenswood Rd/Anglers Ave just a 1/4 mile south of your hotel. There are no sidewalks along part of the route to this restaurant, but Ravenswood is not a busy street at all. But, do not walk this route at night. The area is safe(crime-wise), but motorists may not see you at night on the part where you'd be walking on the shoulder of the road. There is also Islamorada Fish Company located at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. It is behind the Tri-Rail Train Station across the street from the hotel. The food here is okay. The restaurant interior is very interesting as they have a huge fish tank. Bass Pro Shops is a great place to browse/shop. Also, there is a Publix supermarket about a mile west of this hotel on Griffin Rd.

• 2 months later...
If you have any BRAND questions about Homewood ..I work at one in Jacksonville, Florida.

Glad you decided to pick us, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the offer. I am looking for info on shuttle service from Hotel to airport. I am also wondering about how safe the area is crime wise.

We booked the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road which is near the Homewood Suites on May 1st for our pre-cruise stay. We got the room for $63 through bookit.com as their Mystery Hotel deal. Then, we booked the Homewood Suites listed by many of you for our post cruise stay on May 19th. Both hotels are Hilton properties.

I am trying to determine if the Hampton is just as clean as far as the rooms are concerned, and, if the beds are as nice and comfortable as the Homewood. If so, I will keep my reservations the way they are, and stay at each of the hotels. If anyone feels the Homewood is better, I will cancel my pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn and change it to the Homewood.

Any help would be welcome.

Dave

I stayed at the Hampton Inn just at the end of September ..it was a great room!!

I work for Homewood ..so I would encourage you to stay there but as far as the Hampton goes, the room was very clean and certainly comfortable.

Just curious why you chose Hampton instead of Homewood???

I get an amazing employee discount at all Hilton hotels. The only bad thing, is they have to have availability for the nights you're wishing to stay. It just so happens that every single time I travel, a Homewood is never available. I've worked for this company for 4 years and have yet to stay at my own Brand, lol.

Archived