Sneaky Price Drops???

KBCruiseLover

Does anyone know if Carnival ever drops prices a lot for a very short time in the middle of the night? I have some onboard credit but I am hoping for more before we sail in October.

The price of our cruise seems to be on an uphill climb so I want to know if it is worth getting up at odd hours to check.

Those sites don't work very well, IMO. I found my own price drop by checking several times a day. Never received an email from the 'website that notifies you of the price drop." (BTW, one of them might still be down due to a name conflict with Carnival). Never heard from the other one either.

I work crazy shifts..one night I came home at 130ish and I logged on and my price dropped 120.00pp my sons room 80.oopp I actually thought my eyes werent focused. So I always thought they snuck the price drops in when people were sleeping.. You mean to tell me theres a site that will monitor the drop for you!

Carnival is in the business of maximizing yield on their cruises.

Sometimes they will drop pricing to reduce unsold inventory when the cruise is coming up but not much reason to do so just in the middle of the night when few people will see it.

There are some sites that will check for you. Im not sure which ones are ok to mention on here though. You might google them.

You're right don't post them here. I even used the wording "dot com" and got busted for trying to evade the rules. Now I have a permanent "I'm a bad boy" notice on my User CP. ;)

It says "0 points"?? I guess if you score too many points you're outta here!

once a day is enough
You really need to be checking more often if you are determined to snag the price drops.

I saw the price change three times in one day for our upcoming October cruise.

You really need to be checking more often if you are determined to snag the price drops.

I saw the price change three times in one day for our upcoming October cruise.

I agree!!!

I have checked prices at 8am 10am, 1pm then at 4pm and found a price drop. Filled out the form and it was back up by 8am the next morning.

Our Oct had a drop yesterday on the IS and Suites. Suite price was back up this AM. IS cabins are still down from earlier in the week but way above where I booked.

Many times its a waste but if OBC is important to you.... Check early and check often!

I have some alerts on Cruise Fish (google it) which eventually come through. I happened to catch the one price drop on my sailing on my own, but I did get the alert from cruise fish about 2-3 hours later.

I've also received an alert from a different cruise that dropped $70 at about 1:00 AM. I checked the price on Carnival and there it was. I received an alert a few hours later that the price jumped back up to 329 so yes, Carnival will have prices that move around and quite frequently at that.

Hope this helps

What do you do if you see a price drop? Do you immediately call Carnival and tell them the price is below what you paid? What # do you call?

Can you do it online?

Thanks.

We have the early savers option for our Spring Break cruise and just today I noticed that the price dropped. What you can do is contact your carnival agent, or you can go straight to their website, click on the tab that says specials, drop down to early saver and click, the first paragraph will have the words: Price Protection in blue, click on those words and there will be an online claim form to fill out. You will need your name, phone #, email, booking #, ship name, sail date, promotion: type Early Saver, and the advertised price and where you found it. If approved, new date will be reflected within 48 hours as an onboard credit.:p

I've noticed that prices on our Spring Break 2011 cruise have INCREASED over the weekends (more than once), and then come back down on the weekdays. It's an interesting strategy - a lot of people will book on the weekends when they have time to do so and maybe not know to look for price drops.

Whatever the reason, it made me look like a hero to our friends - the price difference between the weekend and the weekday was $160 for their quad cabin. Then I looked online the following weekend and the price had jumped again.

Archived