Embarking in Naples- question

Makono

Hi

I am first time cruiser and have couple questions about emabarkation. (Naples -- costa concordia). On documents there is stated that I can embark between 15 till 18. Ship arrives to the port at 13.00. So my question is at what time the earliest I can drop off the luggage ? and also has anyone embarked earlier than it was stated on the ticket ? I know that cabin will not be ready at that time but I would like to embark earlier (about 13.30-14.00) and go to the buffet with kids (since I know they will be already hungry at that time).Is it posssible or if it's stated embarkation from 3 p.m there is no chance to get on the ship earlier ?

I wouldn't count on being able to board at 1:30, when the ship doesn't even get in until 1. The concordia is a BIG ship. They'll be busy getting the 3000 pax and their luggage off-loaded.

Naples is the birthplace of pizza. Have some of that before you board. Naples is a wonderful port. I hope you have some time to enjoy it before boarding.

I wouldn't count on being able to board at 1:30, when the ship doesn't even get in until 1. The concordia is a BIG ship. They'll be busy getting the 3000 pax and their luggage off-loaded.

Naples is the birthplace of pizza. Have some of that before you board. Naples is a wonderful port. I hope you have some time to enjoy it before boarding.

Pizza is a good idea. And what about luggage - at what time the earliest we can leave it with Costa in this case ? Can we leave it in port and go sightseeing ?

Hi

So my question is at what time the earliest I can drop off the luggage ?

In Naples you don't need to drop your luggage off, just leave it on the sidewalk and the next helpful Neapolitab will take care of it for you. ;)

Ron

In Naples you don't need to drop your luggage off, just leave it on the sidewalk and the next helpful Neapolitab will take care of it for you. ;)

Ron

Are you laughing because I've written "drop off the luggage" :confused: ? I guess it's not correct form - well, phrasal verbs are not very easy to learn :-)

Anyway my question is at what time can I leave the luggage with Costa ?

Are you laughing because I've written "drop off the luggage" :confused: ? I guess it's not correct form - well, phrasal verbs are not very easy to learn :-)

Anyway my question is at what time can I leave the luggage with Costa ?

No I wasn't laughing about what you had written but about you leave anything unattended in Naples and it is gone (stolen).

Drop off the luggage is fine.

I do not think that you will be able to embark before 15:00 let alone leave your luggage, Costa can be strict about the times especially if the ship is not that long in port. But on the other side Naples will not be the main embarkation/disembarkation for the cruise so there should not be much passenger traffic. Give your local Costa / TA a call so they can check this point for you.

Ron

Thanks Ron for explanation both - language and embarkation issues :-)

So, there is no possibility (if I can not embark before 3p.m) to leave luggage with Costa people at around 1p.m, go sightseeing and come back to embark after 3p.m ?

Costa Concordia is like a bus, passengers leave and join at various ports.

Savona is the main port were you can board early. Barcelona where we joined you could check in at 12 when we arrived and leave your luggage but were not allowed on till 2.30.

In Naples if the ship docks in the old terminal, there is a holding area on the first floor, Told Costa staff are there to help with check in etc from 12.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I've embarked at Naples several times with both Costa and MSC. Inside the cruise terminal at ground level, about half way back in the right hand wing, is the luggage drop off point. It operates very similar to an airport check-in point. After the ship arrives, it will take a little time for them to set everything up and start accepting baggage. The Costa check-in counters will be well identified (there may be other ships in port). Once your bags are checked you'll have to wait for embarkation time. This will depend on how long it takes to off-load the passengers ending their cruise, and getting the cabins ready to receive the new passengers. Naples embarkation is usually pretty speedy as there won't be the hoards of old and new passengers that you have at Savona or Venice. In any case the embarkation times should be stated on your cruise documents.

Archived