The Dream was okayish returned 10th august

hi everyone,

I left the the dream this morning. It was not as bad as i feared. I didn't encounter any aircon problems anywhere. Our toilet was fine in cabin 5162. I saw drips and buckets on 2 occaisions and they were quickly gone. we did not go to tunisia because the ship had to stay in palma an extra day to repair desalination units. we were given £50 per person on board credit for this.

We had no hot water on 2 occaisions, and no water at all one night from 2300hrs on wards. we had a letter warning us. free complimentary bottled water available for that time

the ship listed badly one morning so the swimming pool overflowed. the captain said it was to move fuel from one tank to another???? before refilling at barcelona.hasn't he got a pump?

so these were the problems. not bad compared to recent reviews

food wise we ate at the orion twice which was good food but slow waiter service. we got fed up waiting so we ate in the andromeda after that. the food was okay to good. not fantastic as on the island escape.

the staff did their best but i felt sorry for them. they were not very happy.

i preferred my holiday on the island escape last year. with excellent food in all restaurants and staff that are happy, little touches like animals made out of the towels etc, an english captain, creative and imaginative shows, a happy atmosphere all round.

I had booked the dream for the caribbean and now i am undecided wether to change to the destiny. is the food good?

hi everyone,

I left the the dream this morning. It was not as bad as i feared. I didn't encounter any aircon problems anywhere. Our toilet was fine in cabin 5162. I saw drips and buckets on 2 occaisions and they were quickly gone. we did not go to tunisia because the ship had to stay in palma an extra day to repair desalination units. we were given £50 per person on board credit for this.

We had no hot water on 2 occaisions, and no water at all one night from 2300hrs on wards. we had a letter warning us. free complimentary bottled water available for that time

the ship listed badly one morning so the swimming pool overflowed. the captain said it was to move fuel from one tank to another???? before refilling at barcelona.hasn't he got a pump?

so these were the problems. not bad compared to recent reviews

food wise we ate at the orion twice which was good food but slow waiter service. we got fed up waiting so we ate in the andromeda after that. the food was okay to good. not fantastic as on the island escape.

the staff did their best but i felt sorry for them. they were not very happy.

i preferred my holiday on the island escape last year. with excellent food in all restaurants and staff that are happy, little touches like animals made out of the towels etc, an english captain, creative and imaginative shows, a happy atmosphere all round.

I had booked the dream for the caribbean and now i am undecided wether to change to the destiny. is the food good?

what i cant understand is everyone is contradicting each other about the food in the orion 95% people say it is fabulous the other 5% say it isnt exactly what are people expecting i am so confused ,i am going on 31st aug for 2 weeks a/i western med i am glad people are making other people who are travelling aware of the problems but you know what, i am so fed up reading these remarks that totally differ i am going with an open mind and when i come home i will certainly be posting my opinions!!we went on the destiny to the carribean last year, it was fab so was the food could not fault the destiny and yet some people have pulled that ship apart as well there is no pleasing some people, go next year you will love it dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise and if you were to ask myo/h he would tell you i am NOTeasily pleased so enjoy i certainly will!!:D

hi begsy,

the food is good in the orion, the waiter service isn't.

the food is okay to good in the anadromeda.

the food was fantastic on the island escape. I think peoples differing opinions come from their previous experiences. and of course wether they like fancy dishes with adventurous ingredients or simple high quality dishes.

one starter i had in the orion was cottage cheese and melon. which i have never tried before but was very nice.

the orion food was adventurous. and that might put some people off.

the island escape had simple recognisable dishes with extremely high qualityingredients.

also the puddings ,biscuits ,cream teas in the sirens/andromeda were very lacklustre. whereas the island escape were sooo tempting. i put on lots of weight last year from my cruise but not this year:) which is good in a way. :D

hi begsy,

the food was fantastic on the island escape. I think peoples differing opinions come from their previous experiences. and of course wether they like fancy dishes with adventurous ingredients or simple high quality dishes.

one starter i had in the orion was cottage cheese and melon. which i have never tried before but was very nice.

the island escape had simple recognisable dishes with extremely high qualityingredients.

also the puddings ,biscuits ,cream teas in the sirens/andromeda were very lacklustre. whereas the island escape were sooo tempting. i put on lots of weight last year from my cruise but not this year:) which is good in a way. :D

Just to confuse matters in July I found the waiter service in the Orion restaurant excellent with no extended delays. We sat down at about 6.45 so that might have something to do with it.

The food was good too with plenty of choice and the steaks were lovely and tender. The lamp shank nearly defeated me and I hardly had room for afters :D

I found the buffet not as good as Spirit/Celebration but the same applied to Destiny and I reckon that they do not have enough servery space compared to the twin lines on the sisters.

Just to confuse begsy even more food and service(very little waiting) in the Orion was top notch,food in the Andromeda was in the main poor especially breakfast but for someone reason after 12 midnight/early hours of the morning it was good :D

what i cant understand is everyone is contradicting each other about the food in the orion 95% people say it is fabulous the other 5% say it isnt exactly what are people expecting i am so confused ,i am going on 31st aug for 2 weeks a/i western med i am glad people are making other people who are travelling aware of the problems but you know what, i am so fed up reading these remarks that totally differ i am going with an open mind and when i come home i will certainly be posting my opinions!!we went on the destiny to the carribean last year, it was fab so was the food could not fault the destiny and yet some people have pulled that ship apart as well there is no pleasing some people, go next year you will love it dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise and if you were to ask myo/h he would tell you i am NOTeasily pleased so enjoy i certainly will!!:D

We are going to the Carribean on the Dream in January and are really looking forward to it, I am taking all the comments in my stride as people differ on lots of issues. But please post when you get back as i will be very interested to here more comments.;)

hi begsy,

completely agree with you about the food on island escape, absolutely superb and such good quality:)

We found the food in the Orion to be superb - no complaints whatsoever. As for the waiters, I've never known people to work so hard and the food was always brought to you with a smile.

I wasn't so impressed by the Andromeda buffet which reminded me of a motorway service station. The food was OK but the layout is terrible. Queues can be a nightmare and finding a seat is a bit of a lottery.

In answer to your question abut food on the Destiny being any good, I thought it was decent, but I didn't like having to sit with strangers and would have preferred to have had the option not to. The self service restaurant was a bit 'tired' in terms of its condition. I thought the food on the Celebration last year was much better than on the Destiny this year.

I Know it is difficult when people have different experiences! I think though that if 95% say food in Orion is excellent then its fair to assume it is. Dare I say it that in the two weeks on the Dream, the Orion dining experience was fabulous both as regards service and food quality. I hope you have a wonderful time!:)

Archived