Transportation from Quebec City after Holland Am Cruise

HI, Wonder if anyone has taken the Holland America Cruise ending in Quebec City. We are staying a couple of days in Montreal a(4) People and need transportation to the hotel. I checked with Holland and they only go back to the airport in Montreal @ 59.00 pp (one way) Also not sure where the pier is from the train station (if we decide to do that)

Thanks for your help

You may want to rent a mini-van. They cost about 50 bucks a day to rent if you look around. Pick one up near the Quebec city port, drive to Montreal and drop it off there. It is about a 3 hr drive from the Quebec port to downtown Montreal and an easy drive too.

Are you sure you are being taken to the airport in Montreal? I think it may be the airport in Quebec City.

$59.00 per person from the port of Quebec to the airport would be extremely steep! You could cab it for about $15 - 20.00. This seems about right for transfer to Montreal.

The port in Quebec City is very convenient to Gare du Palais, the combined train/bus station. Walking (about 20 minutes, no hills), taxi (maybe 5 minutes if that) or city bus (No. 1, stop right outside the terminal) all are possibilities for getting to the station from the port.

A bus from Gare du Palais to YUL (Montreal-Trudeau airport) goes for about $50, so HAL transportation at $59 is a good deal and sounds realistic.

Plenty of car rental possibilities. If you do go that route, I recommend the driver takes the bus to one of the rental facilities (No. 1 if going to the train station, the Ecolobus if going to Hertz up the hill), and comes back for the others; it's really not far, and much easier than shlepping all the luggage to the rental office.

Anyone know how early you can depart the ship in Quebec on the last day. Since it arrives the night before

I would assume all the government requirements would be fulfilled and you could leave whenever you

wanted to. There is an 8am flight I would need to make otherwise I'll need to overnight in Quebec.

Anyone know how early you can depart the ship in Quebec on the last day. Since it arrives the night before

I would assume all the government requirements would be fulfilled and you could leave whenever you

wanted to. There is an 8am flight I would need to make otherwise I'll need to overnight in Quebec.

You can leave the ship at any time. At that hour though you will probably have to carry your bags off and need to arrange a pick up as I would be surprised if there were taxis at 6AM at the pier.

You can leave the ship at any time. At that hour though you will probably have to carry your bags off and need to arrange a pick up as I would be surprised if there were taxis at 6AM at the pier.

Hey thanks for your reply. Are you sure we can leave at 6AM? I asked HAL reservations and they were unsure. I am

thinking of asking some of the people who will be on the Eurodam Sept 6th to see exactly what they experienced and let

me know after they return home.

Did you actually have first hand knowledge of whether this departure time was possible as I cannot make airline reservations

until I am sure I can get off that early on the morning of the last day.

Archived