Hotel close and use shuttle or park at Terminal?

Samme71

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I just have quick question.

My DW and I are sailing on Oasis in October along with her parents and mine. This will be our second cruise (FOS last year for honeymoon) but first from Port Everglades. We will be driving from SC the day before and spending the night. I was wondering what you recommend about the parking issue. We had planned to just find a hotel on I-95 for the night and then park at the terminal, but now i'm not so sure. I have seen several posts about finding a hotel near the terminal that will let us leave our cars and use their shuttle service. Is this a better option considering terminal parking is $$$. I'm also unfamiliar with the area and don't want to play in traffic while trying to get my vacation on.

I would love to know what the experts think.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. SOOO excited to be going on Oasis I can't hardly stand it!:D

Im not an expert by any means but Im a big fan of the "park and cruise" packages from the hotels so far.

For instance, parking at Tampa for my upcoming 5 night cruise is 70.00..........For a little more, Ive got a nice place to lay my head that night, free breakfast the next morning, free parking and a ride to the port and back.

I really like the option. Some people prefer to park at the terminal so they can get gone post cruise.......So far I have not had to wait on the shuttle though. They were already waiting.

Archived