Restaurant.Lunch Recommendations

aliaschief

I would second the Wet Lizard...conch fritters, meat pies, Belkin beer..Yumm!!

If you go out of the TV and make a right, there is the Smokey Mermaid in the Great House on Fort Street, but it's a bit expensive and recent reports of not being worth the $$.

If you go left out of the TV and brave the tour hawkers, theres a sandwich place, Hungry Parrot or some such, but who comes to Belize to eat ersatz Subway? Across the swing bridge, there are a couple of small Belizean cafes/shops. You can read their menu on their signs. Interesting selections, to say the least. Certainly indigenous food:)

I wouldn't recommend where we ate-- it was fine, but nothing special at all. My problem is that I can't remember the name and I am hoping someone here will know. It was over the water, next to the Harbor View Restaurant (which is closed, I think). Bar in the middle, tables around the perimeter, people sign the walls.

Is the only seating available all upstairs? I have 2 older ladies in my group and those stairs would be a problem for them. Do they have any seating on the ground level? Really would like to try lunch there....

Is the only seating available all upstairs? I have 2 older ladies in my group and those stairs would be a problem for them. Do they have any seating on the ground level? Really would like to try lunch there....

There may be. It might be just snacks and drinks. Go to their web site and ask.

http://www.thewetlizard.com/restaurant.html

I don't think there is seating down stairs. I don't know the name of the resturant that is located across the walk area from Wet Lizard (on the water side), but it was reccommended to us by our excurtion driver thru Island Marketing. If you are unable to get to the upstairs resturant you may want to try there. Have a wonderful vacation! Happy cruising! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived