Cozumel: Ship/island time

princesskristen

It was a lil while ago (02/08)----but I assume it hasn't changed. Ship's time was eastern standard and Cozumel was in central standard. Carnival said we sail by ship's time. This was in winter, so no worry of daylight savings time(which Mex doesn't recognize).

Hope this helps.:)

I'll be sailing the 8 day itinerary at the end of the month and thought I had read in the reviews of this same trip that for Cozumel we'll turn our clocks/watches back an hour and be on island time. Is this correct?

We are on the same cruise and they move the clocks back one hour on Day 2 so ship time will be the same as Cozumel time.

Just off of the Liberty and were in Cozumel. They are 1 hour behind ship time. You do want to be careful as the ship does not change their time and everything goes by ship time for them. We did not change our watches so that we knew we would be ok.

Have a great time in Cozumel. We went to Nachi Cocum and had an awesome time! A lot of other cruisers were there as well from other ships. It is an unforgettable day.

Karen

We are booked at Nachi also.... for Oct 6th on the Legend. The ship is in port 10am-6pm (which would be 9am-5pm) cozumel time correct? So we can get off the ship and head right to Nachi, then we should leave Nachi at 4pm cozumel time which would be 5pm ship time this will allow 1 hour for the 10 min cab ride and the walk to the ship....does that sound reasonable. I need to clarify it in my mind lol

I've heard always, always, always stay on ships time regardless of daylight savings time observed or not in ports!!!

The problem is that some ships change the time to match the port. It gets confusing.

The problem is that some ships change the time to match the port. It gets confusing.

We had the same situation on the Freedom last April for the first time. Even though they announce the time change, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask, "What is ship's time right now?", as you are leaving the ship.:rolleyes:

We are on the same cruise and they move the clocks back one hour on Day 2 so ship time will be the same as Cozumel time.

Thanks for the confirmation! We love Cozumel and take advantage of every minute we have there so this will make it a lot easier, especially with our excursion to Carlos & Charlie's. :cool:

We had the same situation on the Freedom last April for the first time. Even though they announce the time change, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask, "What is ship's time right now?", as you are leaving the ship.:rolleyes:

Yes, I'll definitely double check the time before we get off just to make sure for my own piece of mind since the ship won't always be within view where we are.

We are booked at Nachi also.... for Oct 6th on the Legend. The ship is in port 10am-6pm (which would be 9am-5pm) cozumel time correct? So we can get off the ship and head right to Nachi, then we should leave Nachi at 4pm cozumel time which would be 5pm ship time this will allow 1 hour for the 10 min cab ride and the walk to the ship....does that sound reasonable. I need to clarify it in my mind lol

We got off of the ship at 8:30ish knowing that Nachi opened at 9, and when we got the Nachi they said they weren't open yet because of the time but they showed us to some chairs.

THe taxi's are plentiful when after you walk through the shops and it is a short ride.

Karen

I'll be sailing the 8 day itinerary at the end of the month and thought I had read in the reviews of this same trip that for Cozumel we'll turn our clocks/watches back an hour and be on island time. Is this correct?

No that is not true. Ships stay on departure port time, so unless you are sailing from Galveston or NOLA you will be on east coast time.

We were in Cozumel on the Freedom last week and were instructed in the Fun Times to set clocks back one hour the night before. We stayed with that time until after we left Panama. That night the clocks went ahead 1 hour.

Yes it's always better to stay on ship time, whether they change the clocks on the ship or not doesn't really matter. It matters that you know what ship time is and stick with that. You don't want to guess, be wrong, and be left! :eek:

Yes it's always better to stay on ship time, whether they change the clocks on the ship or not doesn't really matter. It matters that you know what ship time is and stick with that. You don't want to guess, be wrong, and be left! :eek:

Strongly agree! This is what we've always done and never had an issue.

omg, i am so confused! (which is not that hard to do...lol). so basically the Capers (aka FunTimes) will tell what time to follow, right? keep it simple folks, i am not that bright :p.

Yes! The Capers will announce how the ship handles time changes. Ken

Archived