Ziplining - in St. Lucia or Antigua???

cruzbound

Thanks for the information Karen. I just can't seem to pull any websites up on the zip lining places in St. Lucia - hmmm, weird.

this is the outfit that we went with. It was great. Very friendly. Would book it by myself if I have the opportunity to do it again!

https://www.rainforestrams.com/tickets/product_info.php?products_id=37

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Rain Forest Sky Rides & Zip Line Combo (Serenity-tour) a couple of weeks ago,we had a family reunion 20 of us ages 65-8,no problems at all. We all loved it, with private tours you'll be the first there so no waiting. If your cruise goes to St.Marrtan check out www.randomwind.com sailboat, it was the best time we had on any of our days.

My wife and I just did this same tour through Serenity. It was an awesome day. We loved it.

Rain Forest Sky Rides & Zip Line has 10 lines if I remember right and the longest around 300 feet and the highest around 85 feet.

Just reading this thread for the first time.

I booked last week the Antigua zip line via RCI.

which I'll be doing in the last week of this month.

My reasons for choosing Antingua over St. Lucia.

(reading RC details)

Antigua - 40 min drive

St. Lucia - 30 min drive + 30 minute Tram ride

Antigua you cross the gorge the sometimes your up to 350 ft off the ground.

(In comparison Top Thrill Dragster coaster at Cedar Point Ohio takes you 420 ft off the ground)

Antigua, the seem to use a double wire for the zip lines. (One person posted about it looking unstable, which kinda surprised me)

I've also done a lot of youtube watching just watching people's personal videos. That kinda gives you the most raw footage possible.

I'll be happy to report back when I return.

My reasons for choosing Antingua over St. Lucia.

(reading RC details)

Antigua - 40 min drive

St. Lucia - 30 min drive + 30 minute Tram ride

Antigua you cross the gorge the sometimes your up to 350 ft off the ground.

(In comparison Top Thrill Dragster coaster at Cedar Point Ohio takes you 420 ft off the ground)

Antigua, the seem to use a double wire for the zip lines. (One person posted about it looking unstable, which kinda surprised me)

I've also done a lot of youtube watching just watching people's personal videos. That kinda gives you the most raw footage possible.

"Tranopy" Aerial Tram and Zipline in St. Lucia uses double lines. The 30 minute tram ride up and down the mountain was great, amazing views and beautiful surroundings.

I am very interested to hear how Antigua is

Hey make sure you take some video's of you zipping so you can post them here as well. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I have never zip lined. In order to get up to some of the heights that I'm reading about, do you have to climb stairs...or a ladder?? I am 61 yo male in pretty good shape, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew if you know what I mean!!! Your thoughts about an older person trying this please!:rolleyes:

I have never zip lined. In order to get up to some of the heights that I'm reading about, do you have to climb stairs...or a ladder?? I am 61 yo male in pretty good shape, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew if you know what I mean!!! Your thoughts about an older person trying this please!:rolleyes:

On the Aerial Tram and Zip tour in Casteries, the tram takes you to the top and when you are done zipping there is a hike back up, but I think it is not strenuous and they don't rush you. I think someone in reasonable shape would be ok, there was two large(350lbs+) people zipping with us and they did alright with the climb.

Is it better to book the zip lining through RCI or independently? Or does it not matter one way or the other?

Most of the tour companies in St. Lucia (Serenity, Franks, etc) try to pick you up and get you to the ziplines ahead of the RCI tours, so there is less of a crowd. I also think they are a bit cheaper.

After reading through all the threads on ziplining in the St. Lucia board, I got really confused by the different zipline tours that everyone was talking about and then even more confused by the two different tours offered by Princess excursions. Thankfully all reviews were great so it doesn't seem like you can really go wrong with any of them!! However, I wanted to do the longer zipline and forego the "tram" that has been mentioned, so I did some digging and googling. Here's what I was able to find through the zipline company websites:

1) Treetop Adventure Park http://www.adventuretoursstlucia.com/treetop-canopy.htm (if the link doesnt work, try www dot adventuretoursstlucia dot com)

Treetop Canopy Ziplining Adventure

Number of lines*: 11

Total length: 5100 ft.

Highest elevation: 150 ft.

Longest cable: 800 ft.

Shortest cable: 83 ft.

Cost $100 adults/$80 children under 12 (20% off if booked directly)

Includes transportation to and from the cruise ships

(For those of you on Princess, this is the "Treetop Canopy Adventure" SLU-400 tour for $79)

2) Rainforest Adventures (aka Adrelanine, "Tranopy," etc.) http://www.rainforestadventure.com (if the link doesn't work, try www dot rainforestadventure dot com and under "destination" click on St. Lucia)

• "St. Lucia Adrelanine Zipline" tour that is just the zipline (without the tram) - $69 adults and children
  • "St. Lucia Aerial Tram" that is just the tram ride (without the zipline)- $72 adults/$63 children

(For Princess, the "St. Lucia Tram & Canopy Zipline" SLU-402 tour is a combination of the tram and the zipline for $99)

It seems to me that the first one Treetop Adventure Park has the longer and more ziplines, and I don't think it has the 30 minute "tram + hike" that some folks mentioned. Also, I don't know which of these tours the independent companies (i.e. Serenity, Frank, etc) takes you on. For those of you who have been to either, please make sure I've captured this accurately and feel free to provide corrections/additions.

Hope this helps! We want to go to the Treetop Adventure Park... now trying to figure out who to book with-- Princess, directly with the company, or through another company like Serenity, Frank, etc. Any recommendations?

After reading through all the threads on ziplining in the St. Lucia board, I got really confused by the different zipline tours that everyone was talking about and then even more confused by the two different tours offered by Princess excursions. Thankfully all reviews were great so it doesn't seem like you can really go wrong with any of them!! However, I wanted to do the longer zipline and forego the "tram" that has been mentioned, so I did some digging and googling. Here's what I was able to find through the zipline company websites:

1) Treetop Adventure Park http://www.adventuretoursstlucia.com/treetop-canopy.htm (if the link doesnt work, try www dot adventuretoursstlucia dot com)

Treetop Canopy Ziplining Adventure

Cost $100 adults/$80 children under 12 (20% off if booked directly)

Includes transportation to and from the cruise ships

(For those of you on Princess, this is the "Treetop Canopy Adventure" SLU-400 tour for $79)

2) Rainforest Adventures (aka Adrelanine, "Tranopy," etc.) http://www.rainforestadventure.com (if the link doesn't work, try www dot rainforestadventure dot com and under "destination" click on St. Lucia)

• "St. Lucia Adrelanine Zipline" tour that is just the zipline (without the tram) - $69 adults and children
  • "St. Lucia Aerial Tram" that is just the tram ride (without the zipline)- $72 adults/$63 children

(For Princess, the "St. Lucia Tram & Canopy Zipline" SLU-402 tour is a combination of the tram and the zipline for $99)

It seems to me that the first one Treetop Adventure Park has the longer and more ziplines, and I don't think it has the 30 minute "tram + hike" that some folks mentioned. Also, I don't know which of these tours the independent companies (i.e. Serenity, Frank, etc) takes you on. For those of you who have been to either, please make sure I've captured this accurately and feel free to provide corrections/additions.

Hope this helps! We want to go to the Treetop Adventure Park... now trying to figure out who to book with-- Princess, directly with the company, or through another company like Serenity, Frank, etc. Any recommendations?

We are not going with the cruiseline all because of the crowds. Just can't stand the fact of feeling herded or just being a number on bus. I think you should go with Serenity or Frank or any individual you think most suitable. I am sure they will keep you ahead of the cruise crowds. We will be on an island tour with Serenity and is looking forward to it. Have fun on your zipline tour.

Just came back from the Canopy Tour zip line in Antigua.

I booked via RCI since it was my first cruise, I figured I'd take the safe route and book with the ship.

here's the 411

- Take a shuttle van to the zip lining facility. About a 40 minute drive.

- Once there they have a locker for you to place your bags in. You can't take any camera's with you whatsoever. I wanted to break the rules but didn't bother trying. They even don't want anything hanging from your neck.

- You get geared up and a quick safety demo

- walk across a small suspension bridge.

- 1st zip line - they take pics of you. So SMILE!

- then you do another medium and small zip line.

- then after a short walk you get to the big one. You go across the long zip line, then basically a short one followed by another long back over the way you just came. You then walk up some steps to return back to the 1st long one. Basically you repeat the two long ones and 1 short one.

-the second time around you then go a different direction where you have about 2 more zips to do, both med-long. then at the end is the 'leap of faith"

-You are just attached to a motorized pulley and you step off the platform. You free fall for like not even a millisecond before the motor kicks in and you just do a control decent to a platform like 100ft below.

- You then walk from like the forest floor ravine (bit slippery so careful) followed by a whole crap load of wooden steps back to the office.

-Before the long zip line they have water and plastic cups for you take a drink. You'll need it.

-Don't forget bug spray, but I didn't see much there.

-At the end you can buy pictures. they can print there 5 by 7's or burn onto CD. It was $20 for 1 or all 8 pictures (there was 2 of us, so 4 pics of each doing the first zip line) for $45. So they burn that onto the CD.

As a first time zipliner and being 34 yrs old, I was hoping for something a bit more extreme and faster. But fun nonetheless for my first time ever doing it.

I booked via RCI since it was my first cruise, I figured I'd take the safe route and book with the ship.

here's the 411

- Once there they have a locker for you to place your bags in. You can't take any camera's with you whatsoever. I wanted to break the rules but didn't bother trying. They even don't want anything hanging from your neck.

- then after a short walk you get to the big one. You go across the long zip line, then basically a short one followed by another long back over the way you just came. You then walk up some steps to return back to the 1st long one. Basically you repeat the two long ones and 1 short one.

-the second time around you then go a different direction where you have about 2 more zips to do, both med-long. then at the end is the 'leap of faith"

-You are just attached to a motorized pulley and you step off the platform. You free fall for like not even a millisecond before the motor kicks in and you just do a control decent to a platform like 100ft below.

- You then walk from like the forest floor ravine (bit slippery so careful) followed by a whole crap load of wooden steps back to the office.

-Before the long zip line they have water and plastic cups for you take a drink. You'll need it.

-At the end you can buy pictures. they can print there 5 by 7's or burn onto CD. It was $20 for 1 or all 8 pictures (there was 2 of us, so 4 pics of each doing the first zip line) for $45. So they burn that onto the CD.

As a first time zipliner and being 34 yrs old, I was hoping for something a bit more extreme and faster. But fun nonetheless for my first time ever doing it.

This board is for St Lucia not Antigua

here's the 411

In St' Lucia at Tranopy they let us bring cameras and even stopped to take our pictures for us.

My husband and I (ages 50/51) and 2 sons (24/21) went last Thanksgiving and chose to zipline and tour St Lucia through Serenity Travel (John gave us a private tour). It was expensive but is still in my top 2 adventures. That zipline was great; we were there first thing in am, no line; went to see volcanoes, ate lunch overlooking Pitons, drove through fishing villages and had beer in the cooler in our van....so happy! I think it was the Rocket Island Adventure and we were gone the entire day and got back to the ship in plenty of time! The zipline is awesome - I want to go back!!!

Thanks for the info! I just emailed Serenity to see if we could do a private tour that included the zipline, the volcanoes & Pitons, and some lunch. I'm waiting to hear back. It made me so happy to see your post because we didn't want to tour the WHOLE island, but we DID want to zipline AND see the volcanoes & Pitons. It looks like we just might be able to do it!

Thanks for the info! I just emailed Serenity to see if we could do a private tour that included the zipline, the volcanoes & Pitons, and some lunch. I'm waiting to hear back. It made me so happy to see your post because we didn't want to tour the WHOLE island, but we DID want to zipline AND see the volcanoes & Pitons. It looks like we just might be able to do it![/quot

That's one thing with Serenity, they are able to personalize your tour to suite. We've booked with them as well not doing ziplines though. Do have a great time.

Thanks for the info! I just emailed Serenity to see if we could do a private tour that included the zipline, the volcanoes & Pitons, and some lunch. I'm waiting to hear back. It made me so happy to see your post because we didn't want to tour the WHOLE island, but we DID want to zipline AND see the volcanoes & Pitons. It looks like we just might be able to do it![/quot

That's one thing with Serenity, they are able to personalize your tour to suite. We've booked with them as well not doing ziplines though. Do have a great time.

Let us know if you get a response - it appears from news articles that this type of tour may not be possible, due to the recent hurricane damage. I am not sure how long it will take to have the roads back in shape and the landmarks open to the public. Hope you have good news!

Hi all,

On the ziplining, was it in the rain forest and was it high off the ground? We did zip lining in PV, Mexico and it was a couple of hundred feet off the ground on some of the lines and it was a blast. The zip lining in St. Maarteen was not very far off the ground but was fun. It was more of a rush to be really high.

Thanks, cruzbound

The lines at Treetop Canopy Adventure reach up to probably 200 feet at the highest point and they now have 12 zips.

I've ziplined twice in St Lucia at Tree Top Adventures. Here's some info that may be of help:

Lines:

Treetop Adventure Park now has 12 zip lines. I should know, I screamed my way through all 12 of them last week!

we are scheduled for a north island tour of St Lucia and ziplining in about 3 wks. i am getting a little concerned about the safety due to hurricane damage. We definitely want to support the island with our tourism $$ but don't want to take any chances. a Catamaran trip to the pitons would be another option, but ziplining has been the main thing we were looking forward to. thanks for any insight you can share.

Archived