Port Everglades Pier Taxi to FLL Airport

bmtpsu

:confused: How hard is it when getting off ship to get a taxi to return to FLL Airport ? I seem to remember about five years ago it was a mad house of confusion with passengers all trying to get a taxi at that pier. Concerned about our time as ship is scheduled to dock at 7 AM and we have an 11:45 AM flight. I was hopeing to be off the ship by 9:00 AM and to FLL Airport by 9:45 AM ?? Our Celebrity booklet advises it is only a 10 minute ride.

I assume getting from FLL Airport to pier by taxi is no problem ?

Anyone familiar with approximate cost of taxi either direction ?

We have always seen plenty of taxi's at the pier. You may have to wait in line for 10 minutes or so to get one. One trick we learned, is have the porter inside the terminal take your luggage out. He gets in a special line for taxi's and you can get one almost right away, or at least a lot faster. You will have to tip him for taking your luggage, but if you are in a hurry, it is probably worth it.

The taxi ride to the airport was less than $15. It is very close.

The earlier you get to the airport in FLL, the easier it is to get through security fast. Most cruises we were at the gate area by 9:00. Last cruise, we were late getting off the ship for some reason and when we got to the airport the lines were very long. It was almost 11:30 before we got to the gate area. They were coming through the line and pulling people out who had earlier flights and taking them to the head of the line.

Claudia

Most lines today, and I assume Celebrity also, offer an early walk off if you take your own luggage. If you are abloe to do this youi will beat all the lines for taxis.

Also, if you are flying Southwest, look for the agents (Bags to Go) right outside the disembarkation terminal.. for $10 per bag, they will check your bag thru to final destination and give you your boarding passes. You will avoid the checkin at FLL. They usually say no flights earlier than noon but your 11:45 might be close enough. Worth checking it out.

Archived