Time lapse video of the Coral Princess Alaska July 31st (plus over a 100 more)

InternetAgeTraveler

This summer I have been compiling time lapse videos of Alaska cruises. So far, I have compiled over 110 videos. Last week, I made an extended edition of the Coral Princess. Click

or on the July 31st entry in the list below,

Part of my ‘project” is to collect information about the weather, time in ports, smooth versus rough sailing that can be used by others to compare the different itineraries so I appreciate any comments on the videos about that (this is not a cruise review, just reference material). Feel free to post comments to any you were on.

The list of Princess cruises is below, and the full list can be found by clicking here or on the time lapse link in my signature.

Coral Princess

Webcam: very good quality webcam after June 5th with high reliability and larger size (the best ones to watch if you are just curious)

Notes: Alternating North/Southbound Vancouver to Whittier docking at Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan as well as doing Glacier Bay and either College Fjord or Yakutat Bay.

Diamond Princess

Webcam: good quality and reliable

Notes: Alternating North/Southbound Vancouver to Whittier docking at Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan as well as doing Glacier Bay and either College Fjord or Yakutat Bay.

Golden Princess

Webcam: below average quality – best watched when specifically interested in these cruises

Notes: Round Trip out of Seattle alternating between Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm and Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria

Island Princess

Webcam: below average quality – best watched when specifically interested in these cruises

Royal Princess

Webcam : average quality and reliable

Notes: A 14 day roundtrip from Seattle visiting Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, Seward, Kodiak, Icy Strait Point plus Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria. As 14 day cruises, these run longer than others but do show places the others don’t go to.

Sapphire Princess

Webcam: average quality and reliable

Notes: Seattle round trip route with Ketchikan, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria.

Sea Princess

Webcam: high quality and reliable

Notes: San Francisco round trip alternating between Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm) plus a variety of ports with the Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria and sometime Icy Strait Point or Haines. There are noticeably choppy seas from and to San Francisco. Since it’s a 10 day cruise, plays a bit longer than the others.

Other general captures

Skagway

Notes: month at a time views of the harbor, weather, and ships in port. Play at 2 hours per second.

Mendenhall Glacier

Notes: month at a time views of the glacier and lake from the visitor center. May and June are at 2 hours per second, July and later at 3 hours per second.

Glacier Bay

Notes: A compilation from a number of cruise ships

Wonderful weather! great compilation - makes me eager to book another Alaska cruise! (also should help people who keep asking whether to book port or starboard - really shows that you have great scenery on both sides of the ship.

Archived