Tequila tasting

herhona

I am sailing on Freedom of the Seas next month and today it was spotlighted on the Travel Channel. The host did tequila tasting in Cozumel. My husband loves tequilla and I was wondering if it is worth it. Cost for ship excursion is about $70. I also was wondering if there was a better private tour! Thanks!

We did two on our last trip. First one was located on the road that goes to the east side, do not remember the name of the place. They give you a shot glass and turned us loose to sample whatever we wanted. Cost was not to much, seems like only a few bucks. Secound was at Mr Sancho's. Don't know the price as someone else bought it for us. Guy gives you a history lesson along with quite a few samples.

Mr Sancho's

Vacation2009995.jpg

Do not spend money on any tour. I liked you thought tbought this but thanks to a sister was speared a cost. Go to Tequilari and save your money. The sister saw this on a shopping channel on Freedom and saved us money

Do not spend money on any tour. I liked you thought tbought this but thanks to a sister was speared a cost. Go to Tequilari and save your money. The sister saw this on a shopping channel on Freedom and saved us money

There is a huge tequilaria on the main street right past the mall. They have literally hundreds of varieties and most of them can be sampled. You don't get a "tasting" session like you would on an excursion where they explain the subtle nuances and differences but it's free to sample, the prices are good and they'll negotiate. I doubt they'll crack open a $300 bottle to sample but plenty of good $50+ varieties are available (which would be closer to $150 here).

I did the tequila seminar at Mr Sancho's and LOVED it! We tried a bunch of different tequilas (two blanco, two reposado, one anejo, and two dessert) as well as having an excellent lunch. Learned a ton and developed a much better appreciation for tequila too! I've done several tequila seminars in other places, and this was by far the most enjoyable.

Archived