Visitor facilities at Southampton

leswor

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on Saturday from berth 101 at Southampton. Our daughter is driving us to the port can anyone tell me if she can accompany us into the terminal or do we have to get out of the car at the security gate?

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on Saturday from berth 101 at Southampton. Our daughter is driving us to the port can anyone tell me if she can accompany us into the terminal or do we have to get out of the car at the security gate?

Enter through Dock Gate 8 (follow the signs) and stop at security and say you are being dropped off. They will direct you to the drop off bays where you can put your luggage straight on to the baggage 'train', say your goodbyes and your daughter can drive straight out again (or via gate 10 if that is easier).

Heres a map to help.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Herbert+Walker+Ave&daddr=50.89923,-1.410413+to:Southern+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FcKvCAMdhGfq_w%3B%3BFcm8CAMdml_q_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=50.901382,-1.414812&sspn=0.007835,0.018153&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=16

Ignore the blue line! 'A' is the passenger drop off, 'B' is gate 8, 'C' is gate 10.

Simon

101 berth is City Cruise Terminal. Eclipse sails from here on 21st Aug.

Simplest access to the terminal is via dock gate 8 - the terminal entrance is just a hundred yards inside the gate.

Or, if you are coming from the west and are faced with gridlock along West Quay Road, you can use dock gate 10 & turn left immediately inside the gate.

You will be allowed to drive in through either gate in order to drop passengers at the terminal entrance.

Check these out on Google-earth and on http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/plans.htm

But you will not be able to park your car unattended at the terminal, which really doesn't matter because there are no refreshment facilities (mebbe a drinks dispenser), just a reception area before the terminal's security gate.

So, for a farewell coffee:

The Holiday Inn, adjacent dock gate 8 is simplest.

Or, as EGG's post, there's a McDonald's (shares site with TGI Friday) at the western entrance to Harbour Parade off West Quay Road.

Or various outlets in West Quays Shopping Centre.

Or, my recommendation, continue to the eastern end of West Quay Road, forward across the roundabout & after the Isle of Wight car ferry entrance turn right at the lights onto Town Quay. Parking at the far end of the quay, & coffees. Good view of the ship from here. Then it's one minute's drive back to the roundabout & the first exit goes direct to dock gate 8 & the terminal.

John Bull

• 1 year later...
I see from the map where it is that I have to go to get from City Dock (Eclipse) to Hertz Car Rental, but it looks like there is a fence all around. How do I get from ship to car rental.

Answered on your thread :)

JB :)

Archived