Moving a booking from CL to TA?

Does it make sense to book reservations with the cruise line and switch the booking to a TA in hope of getting perks (OBC, Insurance, Grats) from one or the other?

I'm looking at RCCL for an inside stateroom on a 2012, 7 nighter if that makes a difference. I would gladly upgrade if I thought I had a decent chance of receiving a relatively offsetting perk.

• 2 weeks later...
Does it make sense to book reservations with the cruise line and switch the booking to a TA in hope of getting perks (OBC, Insurance, Grats) from one or the other?

I'm looking at RCCL for an inside stateroom on a 2012, 7 nighter if that makes a difference. I would gladly upgrade if I thought I had a decent chance of receiving a relatively offsetting perk.

I've switched my reservation to a TA, right before final payment date, on my 2nd and 3rd cruise (upcoming). This always provides me with added perks. Both times I received enough onboard credit to pay for my gratuities (about $20 per day per couple). I also requested a dining upgrade for the last cruise and that was granted as well. I like being able to monitor my reservation and watch for sales and discounts myself, then switch to the TA for the added perks--well worth it.

Archived