Mercury Holiday Cruise

seagopher

We will be on the December 20th cruise, which will cover both Christmas and New Years. Would someone have information on the special entertainment for the holidays? Will there be church services?

Who is the captain now? Who is the cruise director?

Thanks for any information in advance.

seagopher

Seagopher,

I just posted a similar request for information about the holiday and asked other Cruisers for any information. We are so excited to be headed on vacation out of our home port. This is our first Celebrity cruise, our first 14 day sailing and our first holiday adventure. I think it will be the holidays without the craziness. I hope we get the information we are looking for.

Christmas cruises will have decorations, services, special buffet but beyond basics it appears to depend somewhat on the CD/ship. Suggest you Search this Forum for Christmas or New Years and also Read the Member Reviews from the previous holidays on your ship. The first Solstice Xmas cruise was wonderful, gorgeous decorations, with carols, Santa, etc.

We will also be on this cruise and we are thrilled to be traveling from an embarkation port so close to home! (We live in Joppa MD and parents are driving from DE). It is our first holiday cruise. We have cruised many times before on sailings than conclude just before the holiday sailing. The decorations were already in place and are quite stunning. Can't wait to experience the special holiday dining and parties!

Does anyone know the number of formal evenings on this booking? I am assuming two.

Seaturtle,

I believe there are 3 formal nights on this trip but I am waiting for confirmation. For sure, New Years Eve will be formal. If you look at our sea days, my guess is 12-21-10, 12-25-10, and of course 12-31-10. We live in Catonsville and our friends will drive us to the pier and pick us up upon our return. I would be afraid of snow storms and leaving our car in "open sky" parking for two weeks. Last year our friends came back to Baltimore on Celebrity after our blizzard and had to shovel 50+ inches of snow off their car as well as what the plow did during the lot clearing. Have you joined the cruise critic's roll call yet?

We will be on the December 20th cruise, which will cover both Christmas and New Years. Would someone have information on the special entertainment for the holidays? Will there be church services?

Who is the captain now? Who is the cruise director?

Thanks for any information in advance.

seagopher

You can see last year's dailies here. It's a big file and I'm sorry about the quality. Anything better would have been even bigger.

j

• 3 weeks later...

Archived