Anyone just of Majesty?

Kim,

We will be on the Majesty on the 25th of this month for a 3 nighter. You planning a 3 or 4 nighter? I wouldn't mind picking up the compasses each day if you want to see what happens on the 3 nighter. Just email me with Majesty in the subject and I will set something up.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

We went on the Majesty for the first time on Feb. 7 thur 11th. We loved it and looking for good deals to return. My husband and I were talking to a waitress in the Viking Lounge and she said the Majesty's drydocking has been pushed back to first quarter 2006. I thought the ship was a beauty (19th cruise) and had no complaints except no internet in staterooms and no safes in staterooms, unless you had a suite. We had stateroom 4080, outside room, which was smaller than the Voyager class but fine. Feel free to ask me any questions. The last night, they had a brand new show, the first time they ever put it on. Worth seeing.

I am curious about the informal dining in the Lido during dinner. Did you eat in there at all for dinner?? We are cruising with our 17 year old, and we are thinking we may just do casual the whole time. We will still tip our dining room waiters fully. I don't mind not eating in the dining room for dinner as I cruise often enough, so do not feel like I am missing anything.

Thank you.

Marie

We went on the Majesty for the first time on Feb. 7 thur 11th. We loved it and looking for good deals to return. My husband and I were talking to a waitress in the Viking Lounge and she said the Majesty's drydocking has been pushed back to first quarter 2006. I thought the ship was a beauty (19th cruise) and had no complaints except no internet in staterooms and no safes in staterooms, unless you had a suite. We had stateroom 4080, outside room, which was smaller than the Voyager class but fine. Feel free to ask me any questions. The last night, they had a brand new show, the first time they ever put it on. Worth seeing.

Glad you liked it. I will sail on her in 70 days!!

Sorry,

We ate in the Maytime dining room everynight on our cruise.

We ate upstairs in the Windjammer for lunch three times and was very good but never ate there in the evening. We did sample the pizza up on deck 12 which was good. The pizza place is open in the afternoon until late at night.

Hope this helps.

Sorry,

We ate in the Maytime dining room everynight on our cruise.

We ate upstairs in the Windjammer for lunch three times and was very good but never ate there in the evening. We did sample the pizza up on deck 12 which was good. The pizza place is open in the afternoon until late at night.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. And, thank you for offering to answer questions, etc.

It's good to see so many good reviews about the Majesty lately. And, also, thank you for the info on the show. We will make sure we go to the shows, as sometimes we do not.

Marie

Dawna: We'll be sailing on Majesty for the 3 nighter over mother's day (taking BIL & SIL on their first cruise). I would love it if you could pick up the compasses for us so we can give them a better idea of what to expect. I may just be dense today, but I didn't notice your e-mail to contact you.

• 3 weeks later...
Dawna: We'll be sailing on Majesty for the 3 nighter over mother's day (taking BIL & SIL on their first cruise). I would love it if you could pick up the compasses for us so we can give them a better idea of what to expect. I may just be dense today, but I didn't notice your e-mail to contact you.

Pop me an email to dawnajeans@yahoo.com and I will get you a set of the compasses, picked up a few. My email should work under my profile, it's not my normal one, it's the junk one so just put Majesty in the subject and I will open it.

We had a great time!!!

Bon Voyage

Dawna

and had a great time. My daughter and I shared an inside cabin (very small, but ok for three nights and two "girls". We went with my friend and her daughter (who had never cruised). My daughter and I are spoiled by the Navigator which we have sailed twice, but we considered the majesty a condensed version. Yes, somethings are worn (but that is to be expected and they are very small details, like scratched porcelain, stain on wall paper or letters missing on Mikado dining room menu holder). The food was wonderful, the entertainment great (do quest! We won!) Please tell David in the schooner bar Eileen and Gwen and their daughters say Hi! He's the best! So is Edward at the pool bar. Makes a great Long Island Iced Tea and Yellowbird. Tell him we said "hey" also. Any questions? Please ask. I still have the compasses. Our cruise director was Warren from Canada. We didn't get to go to coco cay due to rough waters, but my daughter and I were thrilled because we LOVE OUR DAYS AT SEA!

Marilyn,

My DH and I are sailing on that cruise as well!!! This is our 2nd cruise. Our first was a family vacation on the Disney Magic last November. We officially have cruise fever!!!

Have a wonderful time!!!!:D

I went on the 4 night in November and it was great! Service was outstanding. As another poster stated the ship is a bit worn with a decore from the 80's (lots of pastels!) but it is very clean. I was disappointed that there was no safe in the rooms but I quickly got over that. The entertainment was wonderful and the ports of call were also.

Coco Cay was beautiful. I really wish I would have taken my camera with me there...I thought it wouldn't be anything special but it was georgeous. The BBQ that RCCL provides was also very good.

We also went to the Atlantis Resort in Nassau and loved that my son (18) said this was the highlight of the trip for him.

If you have never been to Key West you are in for a treat. The Majesty docks right up next to all the beautiful yatches. We really enjoyed just bumming around the streets there.

Enjoy your cruise...I know you will

We leave NEXT SATURDAY for Miami, and board the Majesty on Monday.

Thank you for sharing how much your 18 year old enjoyed Atlantis. We were not planning on going, but maybe we will now. My son is 17. We are taking a noon excursion; snorkeling with the stingrays, but there will still be plenty of time to go to Atlantis since we are in port so late.

Marie

I'm counting down the hours (18) now until we fly to Miami -- then Monday morning on the Majesty!

Lisa -- I started one for the March 7 cruise and only got two replies. I'm guessing that the people on the shorter cruises are less "invested" in roll calls. Maybe more newbies, too. Too bad because we've found some lovely people to cruise with on our other cruises.

So guys, wish us luck and I promise a full report!!

We didn't eat in the Lido. Ate in the dining room once for breakfast, once for lunch and the rest of the breakfast and lunches were in the Windjammer (O.K. food) We had dinner every night in the Maytime. Service was excellent, food good, but we thought choices were somewhat limited.

Archived