VQ Cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam

DCParky

Hi, I'm thinking about booking a VQ stateroom on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a Caribbean cruise in February.... Although I know the ship is new, does anyone know anything about these cabins? From the ships plans, it appears that the balconies are regular sized and not the Juliet balconies like on the Eurodam.... Does anyone know if that's right? Any other comments?

Sorry your question is left hanging here but I think there are still too few who have sailed the Nieuw Amsterdam here who can help you with this detail. Not sure the Eurodam has only "Juliette" balconies, but I have not been on her. HAL ships do tend to be more generous in their cabin and balcony spaces than most. I would think the square footage of the balconies in this cabin class would be something HAL should be able to provide for you. Best wishes and looking forward to your report on this new ship when you get back ..... and give us all a pronunciation lesson too on its name. ;)

Yes, the Nieuw Amsterdam VQ cabins on deck 11 have the same size balconies as those on deck 10. No VT Juliette balconies.

... and give us all a pronunciation lesson too on its name.
Copper10-8 has said it's sorta like knee-ooh or knee-ww, but one syllable.

See: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1252584

Yes, the Nieuw Amsterdam VQ cabins on deck 11 have the same size balconies as those on deck 10. No VT Juliette balconies.

Copper10-8 has said it's sorta like knee-ooh or knee-ww, but one syllable.

See: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1252584

Just say 'New" as in English, it is close enough (maybe just shorten it a bit). :)

Archived