Anyone done this? Garifuna, mangorve tunnel

love2vacation

I booked this tour and it is the most interesting one to me! It sounds like we will really experience a lot of culture and have great fun as well for a really reasonable price! I am really looking forward to it. I've had good experiences with Island Marketing.

When are you going?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just booked this tour for an upcoming cruise scheduled on January 23rd....does anyone have any reviews for this. We booked a private one with Island Marketing

I did this years ago. It was just okay....no big "Wow!" If you can arrange to kayak through the mangroves and go snorkeling that would be my choice for the day. We had some great snorkeling there right off the beach....west end area.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from this tour and had a great time with Eunice from Island Marketing she showed us a lot of the island and was very helpful in finding some Roatan shirts for our grandkids. This was our 2nd trip to Roatan and man has it changed with a new cruise dock that is great. I would have to say this trip was a lot nicer than last time Charlie was our captain through the Mangrove tunnels and he was nice and took his time to make sure we were able to take in all of Roatans natural beauty. We had a stop at the hole in the wall and meet some modern day pirates, (Americans living on there ships around the island) but they had some very interesting stories to tell. If you want a taste of Roatan in a short time and love being on the water and taking in mother natures work of art, you will enjoy this tour.

Paul

I agree with Paul

We booked with Island Marketing and Lena was our tour guide. She took us where we wanted to go. We did the mangroves and iguana farm. Also went to a resort for beach time and lunch. Didn't go to hole in the wall but it sounds interesting. It was a beautiful place although some areas lack garbage collection.

Just read reports on Mahogany beach. Don't know why anyone (unless on a budget) would dtay there when there is soo much to see.

Thanks everyone for input on this....Im really looking forward to stopping by the Hole in the Wall...

Paul, did you guys grab a bite to eat there? I wanted to see how the food was or should we just opt for drinks at this spot and grab a bite some place else?

Thanks again

Gina :)

Hi Gina

No we did not eat at the hole in the wall, just had a few beers and shared conversation, but we did stop at a couple of resorts also and I would try one of them if you plan on eating. We ate a big breakfast and made sure to gets some grits to stick to our ribs so we could make it all day with out eating. hope this helps.

Paul

Archived