Panama Canal Cruise 3/3to3/17

Solera

Hi, Solera:

My wife and I are joining two other couples on this cruise...we all met last January on the PG, and vowed to sail together again. Two couples from the Bay

Area in California and one from Maine. Haven't seen many others from the message boards on this cruise...but I know it's going to be a great time!

Tim

You guys will love both the Mariner and going thru the Panama Canal. We just did it over New Year's. Make sure you get up very early to get a good spot up on deck because the experience of going thru the locks can't just be seen from your balcony. It was truly an awesome experience. If there is a lecture before hand, make sure you go to that for the information. A very interesting reading about the history of the building of the canal is "Path Between the Seas" by McCullough. (sorry don't remember first name) Made the experience even more incredible. Linda

Hi There,

We are anxiously awaiting our cruise through the Canal. Keep looking everyday for our documents. Getting clothes together to have them shipped next week. Where are you folks from. We're from New Jersey

Hi, Marti! We three couples received our docs about two weeks ago...you may want to have your TA follow up to see where yours are hung up. We live in Los Gatos, CA, another couple from Fremont, CA, and the third from Westbrook, Maine. We're also going to ship our big bags next week...assuming we can get all our stuff together that far in advance! We'll have to figure out a CC get-together on board!

Tim

Hello fellow Panama Canal cruisers. Glad to see some fellow CC members joining us on the cruise. Tim we should try to get something together over the next week or two so we can meet up with some CCers. LRMORRIS I read the book you referred to and I believe Tim and his wife were reading it. What a great book. It will make us appreciate the Canal so much more. Dan

Hi,

Glad to see so many other cc'er's on the board. Called Radisson line today. My information was lost on their end re: passport and ID information. I have the confirmation it was sent and received by them. Oh, well..all straighten out, should receive in the next few days. So we have some sunny Californiaian's and a party from Maine... that makes for some interesting conversations. As soon as I get my documents and my cabin # perhaps I can drop you folks a personal e-mail and we can arrange somewhere to meet...how does that sound? Have a great day...Marti J;)

Hello all,

Haven't had time to check back on the messages. We are from "warm" Minnesota and can barely WAIT to feel some warmth. Marti, you are shipping out your clothes? Where would you send them to? Is the reasoning behind it that you don't have to handle all the luggage when you get into Ft.Lauderdale?

We have never been on a cruise for TWO weeks before. Worried we will pack too much or too little. Any hints or suggestions?:confused:

Solera - We are also shipping our bags, through International Port Services (they are mentioned in a little insert in our travel docs). They are picking up our large suitcases on Friday, and they will be delivered to our cabin prior to boarding. We decided not to try to lug the big bags...plus we have a very short layover and terminal change at DFW, and didn't want to take the chance of having our bags miss the plane change. It will be nice to only have to manage our carryon bags. Hope to meet you on board!

Tim

So all you cruise vetrans, What would you suggest packing for a 15 night. I dont want to pack too much but also, not too little.

4 pair of shoes takes up 1/2 a large suit case already . lol

Any Packing tips you would suggest i take?

Cor & Nan

Hi, gang....my documents should be delivered tomorrow..that's if DHL can get through!!!!!!!suppose to have 6" of snow...the cruise can't come soon enough :)

They are picking up my stuff too on Friday. Know I packed to much..but love to dress to much..even bringing my hats...Hate to see what the shipping charges will be. Never been on this ship before..when and where shall we all try and catch up? Maybe, after dinner drink the 1st evening on board....The weather channel says is 93/77 down in the canal area...Drop a jingle when you can...Marti:)

Marti and Solera:

Our group of three couples is in very close-by cabins on deck 7...Penny and I are in 751, Dan and Jill, and Jim and Gaven, are a couple of doors down. Maybe we can hook up by coordinating a meeting on board, by phone or post-it. That way it won't matter that we don't recognize each other! See you on board!

Tim

Hi All,

We are due to have a blizzard here in South Jersey tomorrow, a foot or more. In the snow-mode, snow shovel out and soup on ...

How about we catch up by phone the first evening. We are in cabin 1114. My friends name is Joe and mine is Marti J. We are anxious to meet all of you. Maybe, we could due a drink after dinner or have coffee on the deck somewhere... Oh, I'll try and check in tomorrow evening, however we do loose our power out here often. If we do, look forward to meeting you on onboard. Have a safe trip...Marti J

Hi All,

We are due to have a blizzard here in South Jersey tomorrow, a foot or more. In the snow-mode, snow shovel out and soup on ...

How about we catch up by phone the first evening. We are in cabin 1114. My friends name is Joe and mine is Marti J. We are anxious to meet all of you. Maybe, we could due a drink after dinner or have coffee on the deck somewhere... Oh, I'll try and check in tomorrow evening, however we do loose our power out here often. If we do, look forward to meeting you on onboard. Have a safe trip...Marti J

Hi Marti!

Hope you don't loose power during the blizzard! Our weather right now is in the 20's and no real snow storm in the near future so we should be fine to head out on Wedesday morning. Ya, would be fun to meet everyone for an after-dinner drink or coffee. Corey and I (Nancy) will be in room #876F Let's all meet up!

Keep warm...only a couple more days left until "spoils-ville" for 14 days!:)

Archived