LOL My PVP called my kids to see if they wanted to book a cruise

md10074

I registered them on Carnival only because I wanted to see what their guest numbers were so I could enter their past guest information in my profile for my family. It wasn't on their S&S cards. Stupid me, I put our real phone number.

The next day we got 2 automated messages from our PVP, one for each kid, telling them to call him to hear about any special that they're having. LOL I cracked up because I remember a discussion around here about how big brother is watching every time you log in.

I didn't even search any cruises while I was logged into their accounts. Geez, they don't waste any time calling! Sorry, but my kids are 14 and 7, they can't plan any cruises. Don't they look at the birthdates?

That is hillarious!!! Thank you for the warning. I am taking my nieces (15, 10) and nephew (7) on a cruise and will put my number down instead of their mother's when registering them for anything. Don't want any "surprises" to show up on my account..."Hey, we booked us a 10-day balcony super suite cruise for the whole entire family, your treat!!" LoL!

That is so funny. My PVP calls me weekly. I window shop often for some deals on the Carnival website. I am having cruise withdrawal very badly. Doesn't look like I will be getting a cruise in this year unless I get a last minuite steal.

I registered them on Carnival only because I wanted to see what their guest numbers were so I could enter their past guest information in my profile for my family. It wasn't on their S&S cards. Stupid me, I put our real phone number.

The next day we got 2 automated messages from our PVP, one for each kid, telling them to call him to hear about any special that they're having. LOL I cracked up because I remember a discussion around here about how big brother is watching every time you log in.

I didn't even search any cruises while I was logged into their accounts. Geez, they don't waste any time calling! Sorry, but my kids are 14 and 7, they can't plan any cruises. Don't they look at the birthdates?

The bank called to advise my son was pre-approved for a $5000 Visa...Ummm..thats pretty amazing since he's only 10 LOL

I hope you don't have a credit card number on file w/Carnival. You could have a cruise booked without even knowing. :D

I booked a OV that was being changed to a balcony on Ecstasy and my sister's phone number was in there .. and they called my mom twice from Revenue threatened her if I didnt pay $120 more my cabin would be changed. This was a real person who refused to call me .. she never did call me.

We moved the reservation and didnt get the balcony (of course I knew it would be a balcony why else would I have booked that particular OV).

Dont give them phone numbers. My mom is elderly and got all upset each time they left threats.

Yeah i made a account since Im the one that was picking out our families cruise and was jus searching thru and marking the ones that intrested me as saged.well for like the next to weeks i kept getting these voicemails about booking my cruis. Like not even kiddingntuere were days they called like 3times so i finally answerd and they were like "how did you want to book these cruises?" and i said well i need talk to mom.so the next day i get another call asking if i planing to book something soon and if i changed my mind so i told them i was 18(this was last summer) and wccording to them i could not book a cruise so to please stop calling,they say "well whens your birthday?"

Looks like i will be getting atleast one call on my 21st!!

This reminds me of a similar story that happened to us.

When my son was a little boy, our local community college had a summer program called "Camp College". It was a day camp program where they taught simple science classes, did fun experiments, and they had art classes, sports, swimming, etc. It was a lot of fun and he loved it.

Soon after camp was over he began getting phone calls from the military about enlisting. The following day he got calls from multiple car dealerships asking if he was interested in test driving a new car.

They were all flabbergasted to find out that he was only 9 years old.:eek:

It turns out that they use a computerized list where he was entered as a "college graduate".

They never checked that it was a camp program, or what his age was.

I guess I don’t get why you are laughing out loud at the PVP. Generally when someone registers at a website they are interested in a product or service, by registering your kids you were basically telling Carnival they were interested in their product. PVP’s are hired by Carnival to follow up on all lead sources available to them to fill Carnival’s ships. The PVP was only doing his or her job.

Personally, I’m LOL at the OP for coming on here and making cracks at the PVP doing their job…it was your lack of knowing what you were doing that prompted the call.

I guess I don’t get why you are laughing out loud at the PVP. Generally when someone registers at a website they are interested in a product or service, by registering your kids you were basically telling Carnival they were interested in their product. PVP’s are hired by Carnival to follow up on all lead sources available to them to fill Carnival’s ships. The PVP was only doing his or her job.

Personally, I’m LOL at the OP for coming on here and making cracks at the PVP doing their job…it was your lack of knowing what you were doing that prompted the call.

OK that takes care of the OP but Carnival still calls other kids that are not registered on the site, my DD was called because they noticed she had just come back from a cruise and wanted to sell her another, they got her number from the funpass I filled out, so if they can get into the funpass info, obviously they can see how old she is.

Yes it is the PVP's job to call when they see you have been inquiring online..last sunday the Carnival site was down most of the day, I was trying to get prices so i kept logging in to see if the site was up and running completely yet..I must have don't it 6 times because I have gotten 6 calls from carnival employees that have said, they noticed i was on the site Saturday. Doesnt bother me but can they make a note that i have already been called:confused:

My phone number is listed with four cruise lines. I never receive sales calls fom them.

However, I registered my phone number with both the national and state "Do Not Call" lists so I never receive any kind of commercial sales calls.

If you registered and they call, report them. :D

Archived