Carseats for excursions

acsfl

It will be hard to find a taxi (not impossible, but hard) with seat belts in Mexico. Probably the same with the other ports (maybe not GC). We are going next month, and guess we wont do anything that requires a taxi as my dil will not put her 10 month old in a taxi without her car seat. I admit the taxi drivers can get a little wild!

Car seats/booster seats are not required for taxis/shuttles. Again, lots of the taxis don't even have a way for you to attach the car seats. Most people just hold the kids on their laps if you are comfortable with that. We just got off the Jewel and did not bring a car seat. I had so much stuff for my DD as it was that I barely had room in my cabin.

Might I also suggest excursions that transport people by large boat/catamaran....like a snorkeling or beach day excursion. Might be easier with a LO!

As the others have said some of these countries have taxis that do not have seat belts. Sometimes you're lucky if they have 4 wheels.

Not trying to scare you but just be prepared.

Yep, I definitely realize that. In fact, that is what I was expecting. I just wanted to be sure if we did decide to take a taxi, we wouldn't be required to have a carseat.

My daughter was born in Guatemala and we were there a couple of times with her as a baby and we know what transportation in lesser developed countries is like as far as just holding babies in your lap,etc.

Archived