Question

Rhitson88

I am leaving on the Emerald August 29th. Currently have an inside cabin, if I was to call Princess. Would they be able to see if they had any oceanviews available and I could have the opportunity to bump my cabin up at a reduced rate as normal or do I have to wait for them to actually call me and offer it? I just am interested in possibly going to an oceanview but don't wanna ruin my chances if I may get a call later anyways offering for me to upgrade.

Or is that definitely something hit or miss and if thats something I want to do then I should just call them and try and see what I can get? If I do that, is it possible the price may be at a reduced price from what it originally was? Just any suggestions guys.

It is hit and miss. Sorry. If you want an ocean view you will have to pay the additional fare and it won't be discounted. If you stay with an inside it is unlikely you will get anything but an inside on a higher deck. Looks liek the difference would be about $150. pp

I guess you won't know the answers to your questions until you call...no harm in doing that...no one here can answer them with any certainty... except with a educated guess at best...

We are sailing on the Emerald on the 22nd.. I understand they are sold out..whatever than means...

But on the 29th??.. you won't know until you call... if you are thinking of waiting to see if they call you...don't hold your breathe.... the longer you wait, the better the chance of someone else beating you to the punch...

I guess you won't know the answers to your questions until you call...no harm in doing that...no one here can answer them with any certainty... except with a educated guess at best...

We are sailing on the Emerald on the 22nd.. I understand they are sold out..whatever than means...

But on the 29th??.. you won't know until you call... if you are thinking of waiting to see if they call you...don't hold your breathe.... the longer you wait, the better the chance of someone else beating you to the punch...

True. I will call tomorrow I guess. Sold out mean max occupancy met. Thats all.

True. I will call tomorrow I guess. Sold out mean max occupancy met. Thats all.

No matter what, the Emerald is a beautiful ship... a great itinerary... we sailed her in the Med 2008...

Enjoy your cruise....we will also do so...

If you are looking for a free upgrade to an outside cabin - just because you ask for one...............save your breath. 99.9% it's not going to happen.

Sorry!

Lol no no no. I am not the freebie searcher. I was basically wondering if they would offer me a REDUCED rate. I do not expect it to be free lol. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding. I am happy with what I have either way. Just would rather the sunlight wake us up rather than my 3 yr old lol. But either way I am good because it will be a great cruise GUARANTEED.

I have never known Princess to reduce the rate for any staterooms (even upgrading yourself) at the last minute. They give complimentary upgrades to the higher stateroom categories, and in fact, the price to upgrade at the last minute has often been even higher than several months previously. It never hurts to call and ask, but don't count on it. ;)

Lol no no no. I am not the freebie searcher. I was basically wondering if they would offer me a REDUCED rate. I do not expect it to be free lol. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding. I am happy with what I have either way. Just would rather the sunlight wake us up rather than my 3 yr old lol. But either way I am good because it will be a great cruise GUARANTEED.

AH - got it now. What ever happens - have a wonderful cruise!! :D:D

Archived