Chocolate/Dessert Extravaganza question

Golfgrl1911

From our personal recent experiences it seems that they have not been quite as extravagant as in years past. We normally go and take a few photos but usually do not eat and of the desserts. We always have main dining and are never very hungry the rest of the evening.

Is this something HAL still does? I've read many reviews on the Eurodam and no one seems to mention it. I am traveling in October with my mother & stepfather who are RCCL fans & want to convert them to HAL! They would love this event as I have in the past. Thanks, Nancy

We've just returned from our baltic cruise on the eurodam and did enjoy our Chocolate/Dessert Extravaganza. So on Eurodam it's still on.

We're celebrating another cruise !!!

Thanks for the tip. I may just ask for it.

You have no idea how much I love a good chocolate cream pie.

:) Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary on board ??

Why not just ask for it ---- who knows, you just might be

surprized one evening. In fact, even if it's really NOT a special occasion --- I would ask anyway. ;)

We just got off the Oosterdam and Baked Alaska was on the menu every night! They offered different toppings each night.

Guess we'll have to plan an Alaska cruise, as Baked Alaska is probably my favorite dessert. Of course, Chocolate Volcano cake is a close second.

Add me to the list of those who found that the Chocolate Extravaganza looked outstanding but tasted mediocre.

I have to agree but with 2 exceptions.

The sugar-free swan cream puffs are very tasty.

The second exception I have only found once. A couple of years ago, a dessert extravaganza around the Lido pool had a small section of raised dough products. These were not the inedible salt dough displays but real slabs of cinnamon rolls and sticky buns. Yum!

Archived