Good cruise for singles?

BPD007

Sorry for the post. I can't find where you can search for previous threads, and I know the Epic is a new ship.

I, and a few of my friends, mid 30s males, were looking to go on our first cruise.

Would you recommend the Epic? We looked at the ship online and loved all the amenities and the nightlife it showcased.

We really want to know is this mostly a family, couples, singles, or mixed ship?

We would be going the week of March 12, 2011, Eastern Caribbean cruise.

THANKS!

I can't speak from first-hand experience (I'm not sailing on the Epic until 9/25) but I've heard that the average age of cruisers on the Epic is a lot younger than other ships. It seems to be a good cruise for families, younger couples, and active people. The Epic also has the studio cabins for solo travelers. This aspect alone leads me to believe that you'll find more singles (although I'm sure many of those traveling in studio cabins aren't "single," rather just traveling alone) than other cruises. Overall I think it's going to be a great cruise for younger people looking for fun. My boyfriend and I are 25 and we're expecting awesome nightlife and a fun environment. From the reviews I've read so far, I'm feeling confident that that's what we'll get.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise!

I have been watching the single experiences closely and it seems like the average age of the people in the Studios is running higher than what was originally expected. Yes there are some younger singles but it seems like it's been widows and older folks who have been divorced and are looking for love than a younger group. The studios are hip and if I do book the Epic next March that's the category of accomodations I'd be staying in but so far I'm on the fence about the whole ship - not just the solo cabins. :cool:

I have been watching the single experiences closely and it seems like the average age of the people in the Studios is running higher than what was originally expected. Yes there are some younger singles but it seems like it's been widows and older folks who have been divorced and are looking for love than a younger group.

Don't know that I agree with you. :) I've booked a studio for November and am 40, single and never married. I'm not going on the cruise to look for love but to have a fun vacation!

I've also been chatting with many others on my cruise that have also booked studio cabins and the age ranges from mid-twenties to mid-sixties.

Personally every cruise I've been on I've found a group of others that are my age that I could have fun with. With 4,000 other cruisers I'm sure that there are plenty of people that are singles or solos that would like to meet up.

I have been watching the single experiences closely and it seems like the average age of the people in the Studios is running higher than what was originally expected. Yes there are some younger singles but it seems like it's been widows and older folks who have been divorced and are looking for love than a younger group. The studios are hip and if I do book the Epic next March that's the category of accomadations I'd be staying in but so far I'm on the fence about the whole ship - not just the solo cabins. :cool:

My goodness...what's not to like??? I certainly hope I'm still singing that tune after my first cruise on Epic in October.

Have you cruised with NCL before and have experienced the Freestyle concept??? DH and I love Freestyle and gladly pay the upcharge to dine in specialty restaurants every night.

As for the Epic as a cruise vacation and destination...it looks absolutely awesome to me. I can't wait to get on this ship. DH and I have done nearly 30 cruises, on all the mass market lines, and we adore NCL and Freestyle.

My friends are dropping like flies on this cruise.

I put a studio on hold until tomorrow. Much is already sold out.

I really think I am going to do this cruise in March 2011 in a studio cabin. It will be my first cruise.

I'm always looking to meet new people, so I'm not really concerned about that.

Thanks again everyone!

I'm 32 (will be 33 when I sail) and going on the cruise, but it seems like everyone else going when I am traveling is older (which isn't a problem for me -- I'm looking to get away and if I can find cool people to hang out with no matter their age I'm looking forward to it or if not, I'm bringing a lot of books :)). But I think some of that is the product of the time of year I am going - January. I think March, which is spring break time, might have more younger people?

Don't know that I agree with you. :) I've booked a studio for November and am 40, single and never married. I'm not going on the cruise to look for love but to have a fun vacation!

I've also been chatting with many others on my cruise that have also booked studio cabins and the age ranges from mid-twenties to mid-sixties.

Personally every cruise I've been on I've found a group of others that are my age that I could have fun with. With 4,000 other cruisers I'm sure that there are plenty of people that are singles or solos that would like to meet up.

Looking forward to meeting up with you @ the M&G. Convinced Brent he needs to come. All his friends keep telling him they are older people and couples only. I told him not so. Also told him we are making memories for long after I am gone. U were the first one who stepped up and said you w/b happy to meet him.

Carol

Archived