What are you doing before flight home?

criscruise

We're going to rent a van (6 of us) and spend some time at Monkey Jungle. We did this years ago and had a great time. Then we'll drop off the rental at FLL where we fly out at 8P.

Would LOVE to hear any other ideas too! :)

We got a day room at Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale. We were there by 10am and hung out at the pool, did the water taxi tour, went to Las Olas Blvd, and hit the Galleria Mall for a quick dinner. We were at the airport by 7:30pm for our 9:30pm flight.

We are not sure what we will do.

I was hoping I could find a hotel with a day room but so far no luck.

Can anyone help as we dont fly home until about 8PM

We have a Virgin flight home from MIA at 19.25. We have a day room booked at Sofitel and plan to dump our stuff and hit the shops for some last minute retail therapy before flying home. I reckon we'll be off the ship by 10.00 (no hurry) at the Sofitel by 11.00 and that will give us about 4 hours to shop before thinking about heading to the airport.

We have a Virgin flight home from MIA at 19.25. We have a day room booked at Sofitel and plan to dump our stuff and hit the shops for some last minute retail therapy before flying home. I reckon we'll be off the ship by 10.00 (no hurry) at the Sofitel by 11.00 and that will give us about 4 hours to shop before thinking about heading to the airport.

Funnily enough mate, we are staying at the Sofitel Pre-Cruise and have just noticed that they do day rooms so have emailed them to request one. What are they charging you if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks for sharing! What is Monkey Jungle? Sounds interesting.

Ooo, and just noticed...you leave in 3 days! Luuuucky! Have a great time!

http://www.monkeyjungle.com/about.htm

Also have been here

http://jungleisland.com/

We went a few years back and really enjoyed it. However the day stays at a resort are sounding good to me too! Thanks for posting this thread! :)

http://www.monkeyjungle.com/about.htm

Also have been here

http://jungleisland.com/

We went a few years back and really enjoyed it. However the day stays at a resort are sounding good to me too! Thanks for posting this thread! :)

Thanks! They both look like fun places. I agree, the resorts sound nice, too. I hope people will post some ideas. I did try this thread on the Florida homeports thread and got no response. I figure all us Epic cruisers need something to do while waiting for those late day flights. I know I do.

Have a great cruise!

Since this is all about Miami/FLL and not about the EPIC, you might get more responses on the main boards, or the PORTS OF CALL

Tried that originally and only got 1 response. I guess we Epic cruisers are just a bit more anxious and excited. ;)

Hey Cris! Our flight leaves at 3:50. I guess we'll have a little "waiting around" to do also!

By the way ... I found the Monkey Jungle Discount Coupon!

http://www.monkeyjungle.com/discount.htm#

Gosh we're getting close!!

Kris, thanks. It looks like a cool place. Don't know if dh will go for it, though. What are you all going to do?

We got a day room at Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale. We were there by 10am and hung out at the pool, did the water taxi tour, went to Las Olas Blvd, and hit the Galleria Mall for a quick dinner. We were at the airport by 7:30pm for our 9:30pm flight.

This is looking like what we want to do also. How much did they charge and did you call and book it or can it be done online? Thanks so much! Also do they have shuttle to FLL airport or did you grab a cab?

Funnily enough mate, we are staying at the Sofitel Pre-Cruise and have just noticed that they do day rooms so have emailed them to request one. What are they charging you if you don't mind me asking ?

Got the day room as part of my NCL package so can't give you a breakdown on the cost unfortunately.

Hi Crusin Cockney, we are also flying from UK and staying at the Sofitel pre-cruise. I read in the NCL brochure that for international flights they would organise a post-cruise dayroom but our TA say that they (NCL) no longer provide this service so we will be taken straight to the airport and dont fly until 5.30pm. Can you please tell me who you are flying with so that I can moan to my TA! ( We are with BA from Heathrow). Thanks and have a great cruise.

Hi Crusin Cockney, we are also flying from UK and staying at the Sofitel pre-cruise. I read in the NCL brochure that for international flights they would organise a post-cruise dayroom but our TA say that they (NCL) no longer provide this service so we will be taken straight to the airport and dont fly until 5.30pm. Can you please tell me who you are flying with so that I can moan to my TA! ( We are with BA from Heathrow). Thanks and have a great cruise.

Cruisin_Cockney is flying Virgin, so are we.

I booked our dayroom via a website called Between9and5.com it was $100

Room available from 10am until 6pm, we fly around 7:30pm

We will get off the boat and get a cab to the hotel, dump bags in room and relax. Last year in Miami spent all day sitting around at the Bayside shopping centre and it was so boring.

As UK Cruiser said Virgin from LHR. Day room organised by NCL as part of package thru' our personal cruise consultant.

This is looking like what we want to do also. How much did they charge and did you call and book it or can it be done online? Thanks so much! Also do they have shuttle to FLL airport or did you grab a cab?

I had to call and book it. I spoke to Ben in sales. No shuttle, but we got a van to FLL for $20 bucks from the concierge. They charged $99 for the day

Archived