Mobile Port

PinkJellyFish06

I am trying to find a good priced hotel for one night. We will be arriving the day before the cruise. We will be crusing for 5 days, so I am also looking for hotels that might offer a cruise parking package. Also, trying to find good places to eat in Mobile!

I am trying to find a good priced hotel for one night. We will be arriving the day before the cruise. We will be crusing for 5 days, so I am also looking for hotels that might offer a cruise parking package. Also, trying to find good places to eat in Mobile!

There are several good seafood restaurants along the Causeway. If you take I-10 East through the tunnel you get off at the exit for the Battleship USS Alabama then head East. My personal favorite is Ed's Seafood Shed http://edsshed.com/ - which is down on the right hand side but there are several choices.

Across from Ed's and east a short distance is the Original Oyster House, our favorite. Ed's food is more "cuisine" type while Original Oyster House is more every day basic food e.g. lots of fried, steamed, broiled seafood, etc. but very good basic food

If your are driving into Mobile from the north on I-65, a lot of people are staying at the Microtel Motel at the Saraland exit (Exit #13). It is not close to the downtown area, but they do have a park and cruise package and will shuttle you to the ship. They have a free breakfast and there is a Wintzel's Oyster House right next door. Wintzel's is one of the "Old Mobile" seafood restaurants. Though I do agree with the previous poster about the Original Oyster House and Ed's Seafood Shed.

• 1 month later...

Well, I must say that there are many hotels of such standards in the place where you are going but first and foremost, what you should take into consideration is the fact whether the hotel is near to the places which you wish to ponder over. Second, you must take into consideration about the matter of availability of medical establishments if anything out of the way happens. Anyway, in my opinion, causeway would suit you the most!

Second, you must take into consideration about the matter of availability of medical establishments if anything out of the way happens. Anyway, in my opinion, causeway would suit you the most!

???? Medical care would be readily available from any of these locations. There are 3 major hospitals within a few miles of I-65 in Mobile. From the Saraland area, you would only be about 5 miles down I-65 from one of them. The Causeway would put you further from them.

Archived