Flights leaving Rome

Tina0922

I am just starting to look at flights leaving Rome to head home for my family next summer. The websites are showing flights leaving at 11:05am and 11:50am from FCO airport. Is that too early? How far is the airport from the pier. I am planning on using RCI for transfers but cant seem to find anything later than that 11:50am flight. Thanks for any help with booking flights on our own.

I am just starting to look at flights leaving Rome to head home for my family next summer. The websites are showing flights leaving at 11:05am and 11:50am from FCO airport. Is that too early? How far is the airport from the pier. I am planning on using RCI for transfers but cant seem to find anything later than that 11:50am flight. Thanks for any help with booking flights on our own.

Either should be fine. I'm on the 11:05 out at the end of next month.

It is about 90 minutes from Civitavecchia to FCO. Call Rcl and ask what the earliest flight time is to use their transfers? that will tell you if you have enough time or not.

You will be fine with either flight. Last month on Navigator, we arrived before 5am in Civitavecchia and Express Disembarkation and the first Royal Caribbean transfers to FCO were at 6:15am. Royal Caribbean transfers are $90 per person and it would be cheaper to arrange a private taxi. On weekends with no traffic, it can actually be about an hour to the airport.

Have a fantastic trip.

First check with your cruise line to see what is the earliest time they recommend.

A few other items.

Don't book the 11:05 AM flight. Go for the 11:50 flight.

The drive from the port to the airport is 60 minutes not 90 minutes. 90 Minutes is to Rome.

You want to check in at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight and be aware that this is one of the more chaotic airports.

Again, 11:50 AM looks right. While others say they made it there early which I am sure they did sometimes there are delays getting to port, getting the ship cleared, getting luggage off the ship or even finding your own luggage.

Keith

Archived